Is the SAM card worth buying? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

I think it's worth it, so I got mine. Already spent a few of my free coffees, and I'm sure I'll lend it out for my friends to get some free beers (I don't really drink).

miss_gtr said:
Depends how much you spend on campus, if you want cheap conception day tix, how much you spend at off campus affiliations.

80, imo isnt too bad, i'm getting one.

Another heart warming story relating to having a SAM card;

This bimbo of a girl left her acct textbook lying on a lounge at mac centre, being good samaratans, my friend and I took it back to uni to lost and found, the said bimbo only wrote her student number in the book, so ladies took it over to SAM building, typed in her student number, *presto* her name, address, mobile and home number were on record. So she got her book back.

SAM card helped her. It can help you too.

(olol)

If you can afford to part with $80 before March 31st (Or $100 after), then get a SAM card.

But in reality, the 20c you save on each burger you get probably doesnt save you enough to outweight the cost of SAM card, but hey-Support the system that supports you.
You can type in someone's student number and get their details?

eX-Bhai

HSC
This bimbo of a girl left her acct textbook lying on a lounge at mac centre, being good samaratans, my friend and I took it back to uni to lost and found, the said bimbo only wrote her student number in the book, so ladies took it over to SAM building, typed in her student number, *presto* her name, address, mobile and home number were on record. So she got her book back.

SAM card helped her. It can help you too
But doesn't your student ID have all that info anyway? And if you're saving a mere 20c of food etc, then I guess it's not worth it. But I don't know, I guess I might use it once in a while with my 3 hour breaks on thursdays =x

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, but they could have done it anyway without her being a member of sam, on the enrolment program

i still don't know if those free coffees etc. expire at the end of march

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sign up before 31 March 2007 and take advantage of the early bird special price of $80, instead of $100 for your 2007 SAM Card. Plus if you sign up before 31 March 07 your SAM Card will be pre-charged with 10 regular coffees redeemable from Marxines, The Globe or The Coffee Cart and 20 schooners of tap beer or carbonated soft drink available from the SAMBar* – total value $106. You’ll be sorted already!
Yeah.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, thats why you only eat it if you're poor or desperate.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl, I prefer just hitting up the rather inexpensive free bbqs usually on campus or walking over to MQ Centre to grab myself something that doesn't resemble MSG with some rice.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
Your student ID would only provide your address (I can't recall writing my phone number down when enrolling).

Yeah, coffees/beer/soft drinks end at the end of march.
Generally the student ID has attached your address and phone number.

A lot of people are sure they haven't provided their number, but presto, there it is.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
as are your school details, your uai, hsc subjects and marks
all offers, enrolments, withdrawals, reenrolments etc etc
i can't believe they store so much information with our student id!

P

pLuvia

With regards to the student ID, you can get it any time? Or before uni starts? I didn't know we could have got it on the on-campus enrolment day :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah you should be able to grab one during O-Week I assume with all the other people who didn't bother/know to get their stuff.

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
Support the system that supports you.
Totally agreed upon, and one of the main reasons I'm a SAM member :)

and eww about the sushi thing, I didn't know that! I'M NEVER BUYING SUSHI FROM THE SAM SHOP EVER AGAIN!

X

xeuyrawp

pLuvia said:
With regards to the student ID, you can get it any time? Or before uni starts? I didn't know we could have got it on the on-campus enrolment day :(
Yup, you can get it any time.

You need to rock up to C5C with some ID as well as (preferably) proof of enrolment. Basically the sheet of paper which was given to you when you enrolled. If you've lost that, it doesn't matter too much, they'll check you're enrolled.

Kegs

HSC
The discount for SAM members is no longer a flat 10%. It varies from item to item but apparently averages out to like 20% discount, and could be more, if you buy the right stuff.
The free shit you get makes it worthwhile straight away, followed by the fact that it is $80 for the full year. If, like me, you have class every day, all you need do is spend $3 for everyday during semester, and the card will pay for itself. That is if you dont include the free shit you get on it, and the discounts you get else where, like over at Macq centre, etc.
All in all, a well-worth-it investment, that I will most def be making asap, and I am sure you will see me at the bar the day I get my card.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I'm missing the 10% discount on JB-Hifi fierce these days. :(

But the card wouldn't be worth it for me as I'm external...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)