Is the teaching job market really that bad? (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I just finished an internship in china, they specificially stated the wanted native speakers from English countries (us/aus/nz/uk etc) and for them to be white (or black if from america) cause the students admire the foreign teachers much more than the locals - even if their English might be really good. Its just the mindset of foreign = exotic
They partly explains the reason why my job applications got rejected in the last minute in South East Asian countries i.e Japan and Korea.

I was always of the firm belief that white were preferred over Asians especially in subjects like English (whether be Australian born asians, American born Asians). And yes guys, I am an Asian born Australian as well.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Anyway it has always been a dream of mine to work and teach English in an Asian setting. Countries like Japan, Korea, China ,would be on the top of my bucket list.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Anyway it has always been a dream of mine to work and teach English in an Asian setting. Countries like Japan, Korea, China ,would be on the top of my bucket list.
Yeah that would be nice, but how hard would it be to find a relationship there and start new?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
They partly explains the reason why my job applications got rejected in the last minute in South East Asian countries i.e Japan and Korea.
No - they ain't Southeast Asian countries. The following are: Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore

Last edited:

Kolmias

HSC
i imagine drongo as a tweed wrsring, fox hunting English professor

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Well I've always read much about the fascination Japanese in particular with 'western culture'.

I'd also love to visit Japan one day but I have heard much about how the Japanese are very patriotic about their nation and the people having the belief that they are superior than any other nation.

Kolmias

HSC
Well I've always read much about the fascination Japanese in particular with 'western culture'.

I'd also love to visit Japan one day but I have heard much about how the Japanese are very patriotic about their nation and the people having the belief that they are superior than any other nation.
Doesn't every nation believe that though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)