Is the unishop open on Saturdays + other questions. (1 Viewer)

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
I wish to purchase some textbooks tommorow, but I'm not sure if the Unishop's open, so is it?

Also, I'm a little embarrassed to ask this, but I'm a little confused by the whole Unishop/Unicenter system. When I go to buy my textbooks, do I just waltz in there and get it? Do I need a ticket first? What's the deal with those tickets anyway.

Also, how do I get discounts if I have a unicenter membership card, do I just show my card to the person? Final question, I promise, where do I go for the cheap second-hand books, is that also all in the Unishop?

Thanks in advanced.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think it is open Saturday but I am not completely sure and I have no idea what time it would be.

What ticket? You just go in and buy them. To get the discount you give them your unicentre card when you are buying them.

Second hand books are not at the unishop but I have no idea where they are.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It isn't all organised and easy to find. Some of them are in such random places. Last year one of my textbooks was 20 metres away from the section it should have been in.

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
Thanks for the fantastic replies. I don't know, I could have sworn I saw some sort of ticket booth right next to the unishop. Are you sure there are no tickets? Also, I looked on the WUSA site and it says for all days it is not open. When the heck is it open then?!
Thanks.

MiKeY

HSC
I think you're talking about Student Central. That's not the UniShop. That's where you go for all sorts of Student enquiries such as enrollment etc.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
sixb0nes said:
Thanks for the fantastic replies. I don't know, I could have sworn I saw some sort of ticket booth right next to the unishop. Are you sure there are no tickets? Also, I looked on the WUSA site and it says for all days it is not open. When the heck is it open then?!
Thanks.
MiKeY said:
I think you're talking about Student Central. That's not the UniShop. That's where you go for all sorts of Student enquiries such as enrollment etc.
If that's the case, then anything you need from Student Central will have to wait until Monday. I doubt they'll be open on a Saturday.

Unishop will be open, and chances are lines will be very small then. But I'd rather wait ten minutes in line to buy books on a weekday then have to go there on a Saturday. I've got better things to do... like sit at home and brood. :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
sixb0nes said:
Thanks.
uhh... there is a ticket booth...

That is where you buy the tickets for unimovies and unicentre events like the garden party.

santaslayer

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
uhh... there is a ticket booth...

That is where you buy the tickets for unimovies and unicentre events like the garden party.
It is also where you obtain your unicentre card.

Student central is for rail passes. Counter 8.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
santaslayer said:
It is also where you obtain your unicentre card.

Student central is for rail passes. Counter 8.

monday will see about 3-4 hour delays at student central i reckon...

bloody dumbasses that dont pay fees at a bank or via phone...

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
Guys wonderful news. I got my textbooks today. Also, could someone tell me more about these rail passes, I may be interested in one of those.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
rail passes are just the concession sticker to go on ur student card....the little green cityrail icon thats probably already on there if ur a first year....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)