Is the University of Western Sydney really as bad as people make it out to be? (2 Viewers)

jannny

HSC
The only degree I'd take in UWS is medicine, or nursing since in nursing it doesn't really matter on which uni u go too since they are well in demand.

just my 2c

DTFM

HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
Hey, how did you study to achieve a UAI of 46%%%???
I didn't study, I was suffering from chronic depression you tactless ass.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
DTFM said:
I didn't study, I was suffering from chronic depression you tactless ass.
To be honest, and this is only MY opinion so don't throw a hissy fit, I think "Chronic Depression" is a cop-out. Sorry, but I find that people use that excuse to explain shortcomings in their lives.

What made you so depressed?

DTFM

HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
To be honest, and this is only MY opinion so don't throw a hissy fit, I think "Chronic Depression" is a cop-out. Sorry, but I find that people use that excuse to explain shortcomings in their lives.

What made you so depressed?
You are welcome to your opinion, but it isn't really worth anything when compared to that of a mental health professional.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
DTFM said:
You are welcome to your opinion, but it isn't really worth anything when compared to that of a mental health professional.
That's fair enough. My opinion becomes redundant when compared to the opinion of a health professional.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
DTFM said:

Hey you're just as dumb as me. Except I wasn't suffering from any psychotic issues and my UAI score was 30. :)

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
chicky_pie said:
Hey you're just as dumb as me. Except I wasn't suffering from any psychotic issues and my UAI score was 30. :)
Was your score really 30? :eek:

DTFM

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Hurrah!

Evilo

HSC
chicky_pie said:
have a cookie :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its not hard to get out, the reason why people find it hard to get out is their UAI is often significantly lower than the other uni's in the first place, thus they need good marks to get out...its nothing to do with the other uni's discriminating against UWS or anything!

DTFM

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
Haha trust me, you needn't worry about the 5 extra UAI points. UWS is infamous for accepting well below the cut-off (the biggest deviation that comes to mind is 40+ UAI - via mid-year admission when demand is significantly low)

That being said, if you want to go UWS; go for it. Although I've heard it's easy to get in, hard to get out. Think it through carefully.
Which university taught you to misuse the semicolon?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
Lol. I'm glad you're getting a top notch education in grammar at UWS (foundations?)

How did you manage to gain entry into UWS? I thought Arts @ Penrith was at least min. 60 or 70... another classic example of UWS freely handing out offers? I think so.
UWScollege thank you, omgz lolz we have a college at uni!

The cut-off's at UWS are artificially lowered for many low uai courses including nursing, this is to give more students from Western Sydney an opportunity to get a tertiary education. Given the fact that most of the students who attend UWS are the first in their family to go to university.

Also UWS has extremely large numbers in schools(faculties) such as psychology, which UWS is the largest in the country. Thus, reducing the UAI cut-off, etc aswell.

But yeah UWS is still sh*t in alot of areas, inparticular with the social scene.

I laughed when i saw the ad banner for UWS open day, i also keep hearing ads on nova about it! I'm like omg wtf UWS can now afford ads, or are they that desperate in trying to get more students in?

DTFM

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
Lol. I'm glad you're getting a top notch education in grammar at UWS (foundations?)
No, it is actually something that most people pick up during primary school/early high school.

sf_diegoxrock said:
How did you manage to gain entry into UWS? I thought Arts @ Penrith was at least min. 60 or 70... another classic example of UWS freely handing out offers? I think so.
STAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)