Is the war in Iraq justified? (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Now, Australian soldiers are fighting for the freedom and liberties of 20 million Iraqis.
I think you'd realise that Saddam Hussein is now captured and the only danger that the Iraqis are in by America bombing them (and them bombing back). So shouldn't the Aussie soldiers be out by now, now that the job is complete? Or can you tell me anything else that has to be done. Because I think America can take control, by themselves, from there.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
You did not call me a coward. I called you a coward. Unless you're mistaking your own identity which I pray to God, you're not cos I'd hate to see you lose it.
Now please, in future and if you haven't already done so, get those really thick glasses and read slowly and very carefully so you know who's talking about what before you start smashing at the keyboard. Obviously, you don't read your own posts.
Firstly, there contacts, not thick glasses.

Secondly, I know I didn't call you a coward, but you said that:

Kulazzi said:
and then you call me a hypocrite b/c I called you a coward
I didn't called you a hypocrite because u called me a coward you stupid little man.

Kulazzi

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Firstly, there contacts, not thick glasses

Secondly, I know I didn't call you a coward, but you said that:

Kulazzi said:
and then you call me a hypocrite b/c I called you a coward
I didn't called you a hypocrite because u called me a coward you stupid little man.

Well, I refer you to thick glasses, you know, one of those magnified ones???

if you knew you didn't call me a coward, so then why did you say:

thorrnydevil said:
Haha, you fucking dick head. I called you a hypocrite because you called me lazy, not because I called you a coward. . Please, in the future, let your small, naive mind take the information in, before your little chubby fingers hit the keyboard.
Post number 79

geez, read your own posts man. Thats why i recommend the thick glasses (or the contact lenses could be affecting your reading)

Do I need to quote every time in order for you to read and understand properly???? Seriously!

hahahahahha----> stupid little man??? ahahahhaa

I think you would like to know that ur up against a GIRL.

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
I agree. However, Australia isn't Merlins country. Germany is Merlins country. Australia belongs to the CITIZENS who live in it, not illegal immigrants who illegally live in it for 6 years and then complain because they are put into detention for breaking the law.
QUOTE]

here here

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ziff said:
You do of course realise that nationalism, as you're so "passionately" (read: short-sightedly, xenophobically and ignorantly) displaying and vehemently defending is a construct from the 17th century to placate and control the population - as you are being controlled now. If maybe you could see beyond your myopic view of the world you'd realise that people have a right and should criticise their nation or government in order to better it, if you fail to do this then guess what? You never progress anywhere. You would also realise that telling people to "move" to another country is also counter-productive to the betterment of any society.

You know what the real problem is? People like you, opinionated, ignorant and lacking the required foresight to see their failings, the failings of the nation-state, and because of this you are unable and never will be able to grow beyond your pre-pubescent tantrums.
Now that deserves a rep point :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
i knew you would say that...its funny how the people who are not citizens often have more civil knowledge that people proclaim that they are 'a citizen' but know nothing about what it means...
I know enough........

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
he is essentially a citizen in all repects except on paper
And except for the fact that he cant vote.

Asquithian said:
tell me what your obligations are as a Citizen of Australia? Can you tell me what your rights are?
Obligations:
* To vote
* Be a respectable citizen
* To support the community

Rights of a citizen:
* The right to vote;
* The right to trial by jury;
* The right to freedom of religion;
* The right to just compensation;
* The right to limited freedom of speech-granted by the High Court of Australia.

Happy?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Merlin has the right to protest about another country and its policies...he probably has more just as much right as George Bush to comment on our policies...probably more hes lives her longer than Bush has ever been to Australia...

anyways...its called free speach Merlin can say whatever he wants...he participates in Australian society...he works here...he is essentially a citizen in all repects except on paper.

so ozgirl...tell me what your obligations are as a Citizen of Australia? Can you tell me what your rights are?
well asquithian according to the Australian Government my rights are:

The right to vote to help elect Australia's governments;
The right to apply for any public office or to nominate for election to Parliament (subject to s44 (i) of the Australian Constitution);
The right to apply for an Australian passport and to leave and re-enter the country without a resident return visa;
The right to seek assistance from Australian diplomatic representatives while overseas;
The right to apply to enlist in the defence forces and for government jobs requiring Australian citizenship; and
The right to register your child (under 25 years of age born overseas) as an Australian citizen by descent.

and my responsibilties are:
Obey the laws and fulfill your duties as an Australian citizen;
Enrol on the Electoral Register and vote at Federal and State/Territory elections and referenda;
Serve on a jury, if called on;
Defend Australia, should the need arise.

so there you go ..........satisfied now??

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So by your logic, thorrnydevil, a non-citizen has no right to criticise the processes of any another nation-state. Time to abolish Amnesty International, the Red Cross, the UN, the EU, the EC, ASEAN, and well pretty much every single international organisation because they have members who aren't citizens of the state they are criticising! Oh no!

Human rights? Nope, doesn't matter that China is violating them, we're not allowed to say anything because we're not citizens. Oh, what? Massacres on the Ivory Coast? Whoops! Can't say anything, I'm not a citizen. America is detaining our citizens unlawfully on some "legal anomoly loophole island"? Damn, we can't complain because we're not citizens of the USA! I'm a permanent resident of a country, the decisions of that country affect me personally, but I'm not a citzien, damn, I have no say in what happens to me!

Your argument falls to pieces.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
So by your logic, thorrnydevil, a non-citizen has no right to criticise the processes of any another nation-state. Time to abolish Amnesty International, the Red Cross, the UN, the EU, the EC, ASEAN, and well pretty much every single international organisation because they have members who aren't citizens of the state they are criticising! Oh no!

Human rights? Nope, doesn't matter that China is violating them, we're not allowed to say anything because we're not citizens. Oh, what? Massacres on the Ivory Coast? Whoops! Can't say anything, I'm not a citizen. America is detaining our citizens unlawfully on some "legal anomoly loophole island"? Damn, we can't complain because we're not citizens of the USA! I'm a permanent resident of a country, the decisions of that country affect me personally, but I'm not a citzien, damn, I have no say in what happens to me!

Your argument falls to pieces.
Dick head, if you had of read any further in to the Merlin thread you would of seen that I explained that Merlin had the choice to become a citizen and didn't but still criticised the country. We don't have the option to become citizens of another country, meaning, by my logic, we can comment on another countries affairs.

My arguements don't fall to pieces. I just shot yours out of the air.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So:
If you can become citizen of another country but don't you have no right to criticise it BUT if you have no chance of becoming citizen of another country then you can criticise it?

You do realise that's a very stupid position right?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
So:
If you can become citizen of another country but don't you have no right to criticise it BUT if you have no chance of becoming citizen of another country then you can criticise it?

You do realise that's a very stupid position right?
I actually think its a pretty logical position.

Kulazzi

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, and I guess you are defeated now because, once again, you haven't made a reply to my statements on the previous page

owoodley

thorrnydevil said:
....you stupid little man.

My god, what is it with you and 'little'.... damn.... I wasn't going to comment, and am sure you are going to throw all kinds of ignorance back at me, but seriously - how many posts are you going to use aggression and the "little man" "small..." thing in ??.... At first it was Freudian and funny, but now.... your psychological state is just plain disturbing....

And really, if you plan on succeeding in life - let's try to spell the word correctly huh? You are at least in year 11 we hope....

-

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Our forefathers fought for our freedoms and liberties. Now, Australian soldiers are fighting for the freedom and liberties of 20 million Iraqis. Your all selfish, selfish people. Its because of you that our country is deteriorating, from one of the greatest nations on Earth, to a wasteland of Hippys and dick heads.
Ah...what a beautiful speech.

As I was reading it, I had an image in my head that the last barricade of conservative nationalists had finally fallen, and you, Thornydevil, was the last one left, with all your conservative nationalists lying around you, all bloodied and dead.

And then, as the wave of the liberal (as in the actual definition of the word) men and women, and yes- even non-citizens marched over your vanquished friends you were there, waving the battered Coalition emblem wildly.

Also, I'd like to know at what stage our country was one of the greatest on Earth.

These days, all the pro-war people seem to of forgotten about WMD. It's all about the freedom we've brought to the Iraqi people which then makes the war justified.

For the last time- IF THE US HAD PUSHED THE LIBERATION OF THE IRAQI PEOPLE AS THE PRESSING ISSUE REQUIRING AN INVASION OF THE COUNTRY, THEN THE UN WOULD HAVE LEGALISED THE WAR.

But it wasn't, it was all about WMD. And as we know now.........NON EXISTENT WMD.

Ozzy girl- being nationalistic doesn't mean you have to support the incumbent government with unquestioning faith.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I find it funny that a war can be considered as being legal or illegal...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)