Is there any hope? (1 Viewer)

Jackthommy99

HSC
Hey Guys, just got my Society and Culture mark back and am sitting 1st in the class, on aggregate and in that particular exam. I got 14/20 and 2nd place for the first assessment and 17/20 and 1st for the second exam. Is there any hope of getting a band six? All marks together has me at 31/40, still first. There is about 13 people in the class and for the second test, the mark range is 8-17/20. I can provide more info if needed.

So just wanted to know if I am still able to get a band six in Society and Culture with these marks? Thanks

WildestDreams

HSC
It depends on how many people in your last years cohort got band 6's. If you know how many, then that's the rank you need to get a Band 6. If you don't know, then your school rank can give a rough indication.
However, I think to higher your chances you should aim at getting 85% and above in all your remaining internal tasks. Basically get A's :)

duck4

HSC
If you stay first in the class then the highest HSC examination mark of your cohort and you're examination mark will determine your band, and your assessment mark won't matter. Your assessment mark will be moved to the highest exam mark of you're cohort, eg. if someone else in your class got 93 in the exam and you got 91, your scaled assessment mark becomes 93 and your exam mark stays at 91, giving you an overall mark of 92.
So your internal marks don't contribute (otherwise schools would give everyone high marks), just you're rank. First is a very good place to be, but don't lose hope if you're not first, because you can still get a band six with lower ranks it's just that the performance of your cohort has more effect.
Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)