Is there any point in ordering raw marks? (1 Viewer)

smoothsailing

HSC
Considering doing it, but scared of the idea of being faced with errors in sections that I know I should've/could've gotten correct. Is it just to see how you performed in the exam?

harvey1997

HSC
N/A
i think it would be nice to personally know how you went in each section but its not necessary! im going to do it for my subjects! Like i have an idea of what sections in specific subjects i think i did well in and it will be interesting to see if i actually did.

also
when you go on students online and try and select the box for each subect to get your raw marks report, it automatically selects the "results check" box when i dont want to get my results checked and therefore comes to a higher total of money to be paid - when im not even wanting it! do you know what to do with this?

smoothsailing

HSC
i think it would be nice to personally know how you went in each section but its not necessary! im going to do it for my subjects! Like i have an idea of what sections in specific subjects i think i did well in and it will be interesting to see if i actually did.

also
when you go on students online and try and select the box for each subect to get your raw marks report, it automatically selects the "results check" box when i dont want to get my results checked and therefore comes to a higher total of money to be paid - when im not even wanting it! do you know what to do with this?
Apparently, you can't order your raw marks without ordering a results check

harvey1997

HSC
N/A
really!!
and what exactly is the results check?
do they alter your marks if you think you should have received a lower mark etc or do they just calculate your marks to make sure the total is correct?
fml this is so annoying haha

smoothsailing

HSC
really!!
and what exactly is the results check?
do they alter your marks if you think you should have received a lower mark etc or do they just calculate your marks to make sure the total is correct?
fml this is so annoying haha
I'm pretty sure they just re calculate your marks. If they discover you received more that what you deserved, they will not lower your mark..they will only increase it if there's an error. I'm asking on another thread just for confirmation.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You have to get a results check if you want your raw marks. This is to save people getting their raw marks and being like "hey there was a mistake!?!?!!"

Also they don't remark anything, they just check to see your marks were added up correctly. Your mark can not get lower even if they added up wrong and gave you more than what you got.

harvey1997

HSC
N/A
THANK GOD!
because for one of my subjects is unusually high so i was scared that they would realise they added up incorrectly and mark me lower!
so if i order my marks im all good? like none of my marks will get lower even if they added them up wrong?

egress

HSC
THANK GOD!
because for one of my subjects is unusually high so i was scared that they would realise they added up incorrectly and mark me lower!
so if i order my marks im all good? like none of my marks will get lower even if they added them up wrong?
Yeah BOSTES decided that they had to be nice at least once during the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)