• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there anybody out there? (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
uhh sorry to go the opposite way of everybody here, but im loving modern hist. its keeping me sane and its the only subject that i truly look forward to
skillo: just tell them to fuck off and write their own. seriously im not joking...i have idiots coming up to me to ask for like 20 pages of notes and my own answers to photocopy...boy did i chuck a hissy fit...if theres one thing i hate, its lazy buggers who do jack crap and then demand for my book...:chainsaw:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I still love it and I still love the class
(Ziff, you aren't qualified to comment due to your lack of attendence. And I don't care if you are coming first.)
WWI was good. Russia *is* good. And thank god we aren't going to do arab israeli. too complex.

life4_rent

*starts parading around Nuremburg style rallies to promote Modern History* :D:D:D:D:D

I LOVE MODERN HISTORY. its the only thing that keeps me sane.. we used to hav the head teacher as our teacher, bt the stupid-fukd-in-the-head principal merged our classes cuz she was stingy with teachers, so we now have a really disturbingly passionate history teacher who is really strict, bt is cool nonetheless. wen i say disturbing, i mean he is SO pro-history its SCARY. i dont think its normal for a person to hav an obsession with mussolini. lmao.. bt his a cool teacher so neway..

studying ww1 was almost pointless in my opinion. that section of the HSC is entirely based on sources anyway. i rekon we've learnt WAY to much on ww1. we've learnt so much more than we really need.

we're doing germany 1918-1945 now.. & I'M LOVING IT :D *watches as people distance themselves from the insanely pro-Modern History student* lol... we're up to the transformation of social life under the Nazi regime atm.. we're doin roleplays to show how education was affectd by the regime (OMG, so much propaganda.. SHEESH!) it was so funi watchin our class act out the role of women in Nazi Germany. a guy's table had that topic & they shoved jumpers up their shirts & paraded around the room annoucing they were pregnant with quadruplets..

ANYWAY.. gettin WAAAY off topic *slaps herself*

in the end, its all about how your being taught history. if ur teacher's crap, then chances are, u're gonna end up hating the subject. if u hav a really passionate teacher like i do, u'll end u loving it, no matter how disturbing he may seem to be (btw, rasputin's fone number was PETROGRAD 64646.. bit of trivia for u, lol) the teacher u hav usually affects how u feel abt a particular subject. i noe, i had a crap teacher for physics to start off, who didnt noe ANYTHING, & startd absolutely HATING the subject. then we got a better teacher & all of sudden physics didnt seem so bad.

meanwhile, bak to studying for half yearlies. *grumble grumble* hope u ppl havin more fun than i am

-maggie xox

ps. sorry, LONG AS post.. cudnt help it *sheepish grin*

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
everything that life4rent said about modern history pretty much sums up how i feel abt the subject too. except insert a little more enthusiasm for the individual study on albert speer.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by life4_rent
(btw, rasputin's fone number was PETROGRAD 64646.. bit of trivia for u, lol)
Rasputin...that brings back memories...was anyone ever taught about how someone severed his penis, and ran off with it to Paris in a shoe box???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Rasputin...that brings back memories...was anyone ever taught about how someone severed his penis, and ran off with it to Paris in a shoe box???
:rofl: *insert hysterical laughter*

btw a girl in my class is choosing to do rasputin for ext hist

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168

btw a girl in my class is choosing to do rasputin for ext hist
hahaha I wonder if she'll ever come across that piece of information...

life4_rent

i LOVED studying the romanovs :D anastasia!! :D:D lol.. wen we first started the topic, sir got out his old tape deck & played boney m's song 'rasputin'. the whole class was looking on dazed & in shock, then cracked up throughout the rest of the song.. ahh, the gud old days.

i didnt like rasputin. i dont understand HOW you cleanse urself from sins by having mass orgies to make up for them. come to think of it, HOW DID HE GET the mass orgies organised in the first place? i mean, he was in no way good-looking or anything. he resembled a mad man escaped from prison *shivers*

i heard he raped a nun. wat a fking wanker.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
hahaha I wonder if she'll ever come across that piece of information...
hmm maybe i should fill her in? :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
This is too painful to read because it's full of too much excitement. History is meant to be plain, boring, dull and obfuscated by convoluted clauses and incomprehensible grammatical silliness. Like a constitution or religious text.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
that is fairly hypocritical coming from you, Ziff...unless ur being sarcastic

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Russia. I hate Russia. Russia sucks. I hope I never live there.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Muahaha, Rasputin was a character. He was a bitch to try and kill too, God love him :D

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by blam_babe
Am I the only person out there studying Russia??? Everyone seems to be doing Germany and the Nazis
I'm doing Russia...it's ok though...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im doing germany..Russia is not as popular as germany but its IS the next most popular so there should be plenty of info out there

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'm doing Russia and I like it... (just not the whole oh dear, civil war, what do we do)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)