Is there hot water / refrigeration / microwaves available to students? (1 Viewer)

Politic

HSC
N/A
Is there? That would keep people a little less poor.

Begbie4017

HSC
There are microwaves and there are cold water taps around to refill water bottles.

Last edited:

Politic

HSC
N/A
microwaves are where? and they are pretty accessible?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
After the recent renovation, they actually increased the number of microwaves on campus. The number of water refilling places also increased :)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't mind if they got more books, more journal subscriptions, etc but then again, as students, we always want more. The renovations and new buildings are pretty exciting though :)

Politic

HSC
N/A
Is the library quiet enough to get some serious study done?

Also do you Mac students do study on the hill near the lake?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Is the library quiet enough to get some serious study done?

Also do you Mac students do study on the hill near the lake?
As much as we like to complain, the library isn't completely noisy, there are quiet areas where there are less students or just people who want to study (you will find these just with a bit of common sense - i.e. sit away from open spaces, doorways, stairs etc and you should get a quiet spot), besides peak times, the library is pretty quiet.

LOL we are students, we can study anywhere :D But, yes there are students that study at the lake area.

Politic

HSC
N/A
As much as we like to complain, the library isn't completely noisy, there are quiet areas where there are less students or just people who want to study (you will find these just with a bit of common sense - i.e. sit away from open spaces, doorways, stairs etc and you should get a quiet spot), besides peak times, the library is pretty quiet.

LOL we are students, we can study anywhere :D But, yes there are students that study at the lake area.
When are the peak times?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Where are you talking about?
There is a queer space for the LGBT community as well as anyone else. But I didn't think they have a microwave... somehow I suspect it was an attempt at a joke?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
When are the peak times?
Generally it is busy in the beginning of the start of semester and towards the end (i.e. assessments and exams time). So the first few and last few weeks are usually the busiest. In terms of in a day; non-peak will be 8am to about 11am, and about 4pm till 10pm. There are also after hours reading rooms open from 10pm till 2am, these can be quite busy as well, in the lead-up to final exams.

keithwf

HSC
N/A
After the recent renovation, they actually increased the number of microwaves on campus. The number of water refilling places also increased :)
really?
they've removed the 6 (or so) microwaves on the east side of the foodcourt (next to the stairs to Lee Asian Food)...

THERE IS HOT WATER in E6A building...in the small room next to the entrance
cheers

Politic

HSC
N/A
really?
they've removed the 6 (or so) microwaves on the east side of the foodcourt (next to the stairs to Lee Asian Food)...

THERE IS HOT WATER in E6A building...in the small room next to the entrance
cheers
thanks for the response :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)