• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there much of a difference between ranks? (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
Everyone aims to get Rank 1, but does it matter if you are top 5 in all subjects with a couple of 2nds and 3rds.

Basically, is getting first the ONLY way to go good. Will 2nd, 3rds, etc still help you out in the long run?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The closer you are to #1, the better off you will be.

Whilst being ranked first is always the best, second is still better than third, etc...

boon

HSC
Lazarus said:
The closer you are to #1, the better off you will be.

Whilst being ranked first is always the best, second is still better than third, etc...
:jaw:
no shit
what the fuck was the point of all that
we now how to count

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
boon said:
no shit
what the fuck was the point of all that
we now how to count
It was to point out that for the purposes of the moderating procedures that are applied to your marks, you'll benefit more by being ranked second than by being ranked third?

Not to point out that second is simply a better rank than third, which is obvious.

L337

Made of Win!
HSC
Umm, maybe this is a stupid question, but could someone please explain this to me please?

See, I've just started Yr. 11 and I was Dux of my Year in Yrs 9+10 (ranking 1st or 2nd in all subjects i did). However, I only go to a crappy school in regional NSW (wagga Wagga). So, basically, if I'm ranked 1st in my courses, I'll do well in the HSC?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That will depend on your performance in the HSC exams. If you are ranked first you are immune to all forms of moderation. Meaning you will pretty much receive a HSC mark equivalent to your HSC exam mark. (Assuming you remain ranked first throughout the year and you also attain the highest exam mark in your year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)