Is there some sort of a guideline? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello,

Yesterday I had my 2nd English Assessment which was not very good at all. There was not a countdown timer in the room nor did the teacher tell us how much time we had left and the only way to tell was to ask her in the middle of our class exam. I ended up not completing a conclusion or adequately completing my last paragraph before the conclusion due to her only stating guesstimates in the last 5 minutes which went down to 1 minute in a very short time...

What I wanted to ask, is there a rule or guideline where teachers need to state for example in 10 minute intervals how long we have left if there is no countdown timer? The reason I say this is all the other classes either had smart board countdown timers or the teachers telling them every so often how long they had left and I feel this is an disadvantage to not just me but the whole class. Is it still our responsibility or the teachers?

I know next time I'll be bringing a watch!

Thanks!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,

Yesterday I had my 2nd English Assessment which was not very good at all. There was not a countdown timer in the room nor did the teacher tell us how much time we had left and the only way to tell was to ask her in the middle of our class exam. I ended up not completing a conclusion or adequately completing my last paragraph before the conclusion due to her only stating guesstimates in the last 5 minutes which went down to 1 minute in a very short time...

What I wanted to ask, is there a rule or guideline where teachers need to state for example in 10 minute intervals how long we have left if there is no countdown timer? The reason I say this is all the other classes either had smart board countdown timers or the teachers telling them every so often how long they had left and I feel this is an advantage to not just me but the whole class. Is it still our responsibility or the teachers?

I know next time I'll be bringing a watch!

Thanks!
Nope.

This would be an issue which would be dealt with internally at the school.

If you honestly had no idea about what the time was, definitely chase it up with the head teacher.

HSC
Nope.

This would be an issue which would be dealt with internally at the school.

If you honestly had no idea about what the time was, definitely chase it up with the head teacher.
Ok, I might do that with some people in the class who share the same view. I wouldn't escalate it but it's HSC now and every mark counts! Thanks for the reply OzKo

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, I might do that with some people in the class who share the same view. I wouldn't escalate it but it's HSC now and every mark counts! Thanks for the reply OzKo
No worries.

Best of luck!

Rohanco

HSC
Wow that rally suck for you man. You really should be allowed to know how much time you have left during an assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)