Is there still time to add another extension subject? (1 Viewer)

ST2010

HSC
I am in YR 11. I want to do English Extention 1. But would they still let me do it?

Kyuusho

HSC
You'd have to ask your curriculum co-ordinator, most probably. As long as you're taking advanced english and are confident, i see no reason why there isn't enough time to add an extension. In my english extension class we really haven't done much. (especially considering how many lessons a cycle there are..)

Kyuusho

HSC
I have 4 lessons a cycle, but some schools I know only have 1 lesson of extension per cycle.

LordPc

HSC
I have 4 lessons a cycle, but some schools I know only have 1 lesson of extension per cycle.
uh, im going to call BS on this one. 1 lesson per cycle isnt enough to reach the number of required hours, unless ofcourse the 1 lesson per cycle is 4 hours long. so you have been mis informed

anyway, yea you can still probably get into an extension class now, its only been what? 4 weeks? nothing really, especially if you want to pick up english extension, cause the whole prelim course is a bunch of crap, totally unrelated to the hsc course

so yea go for it, ive heard of people picking up 2u subjects much later than 4 weeks into year 11

Brontecat

HSC
so u basically have 4 lessons a cycle for ex1. Is ex1 a 2 year course? or do u go up to ex2 for the HSC? *confused*

pillar

HSC
thanks ive just got one more question is ex1 a two unit course or 1 ?
EX1 is a 1-unit course.

So in total you're doing 3units of English - English Advanced (2unit) and English Extension 1 (1unit).

I only get 3 lessons/2 weeks.

Brontecat

HSC
how did u guys that do extension decide to do it - was it based on ability or just love of english?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
how did u guys that do extension decide to do it - was it based on ability or just love of english?
A bit of both. I think to do Ext, especially Ext 2 you need a certain love/liking of English!

pillar

HSC
I just did it because I was good at it last year and wanted to give it a shot lol. Reasonably interesting, can't say I'm really into it though. I may end up dropping it so I can focus more on MX1 and EngAdv, except that's a bit far ahead.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just did it because I was good at it last year and wanted to give it a shot lol. Reasonably interesting, can't say I'm really into it though. I may end up dropping it so I can focus more on MX1 and EngAdv, except that's a bit far ahead.
I picked it for the fun of trying it.. ended up dropping it today... I think the teacher hated me too..?

Ahh well.. it wasnt what I wanted, im not an English person, I'd rather do 4unit maths then even 2 unit english.. but since its compulsory I cant say much...

Sorry if I offended anyone who loves english, but I hate english..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)