Is This A Normal Study Pattern (For Trials)? (1 Viewer)

crimsonking

HSC
Holidays: finished off all my notes, and the ones alraedy finished, changed them into dot point format. Answered a few questions from a text book just to instill what I've just learnt and went over multiple choice for past papers. Also did 1 essay for each of the English topics

Week 1-3: general studying. Doing homework and filling out key term tables for subjects

Week 4: just been doing short answer from past papers - can't be arsed to do extended responses - I do atleast two subjects a day

Overall, I don't feel like I am doing enough. It just seems wierd, I value the HSC quite a lot, but everyday that comes I care less and less for it (I get good marks too). I know I studied harder for my 1/2 yearlies than for the trials (trials start Monday for me) and I probably studied harder when I had no assessments/exams on than now.

Is it normal or just me?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Hell, I probably did less than what you're doing. (Our trials finished today, thank the Lord, Mary Mother of God, Allah, Christ, Jehovah, Buddha, Vishnu and whoever else you might like.) I did well enough, through my time-honoured technique of cramming the night before or (for afternoon exams) the morning before. I did a bit of study in the weeks leading up to trials, and in the holidays, but I, like you, didn't think I was doing enough.

The thing is, I'm doing less study than I used to, but I'm still doing pretty well. It's weird. (Arguably, I'm not achieving stunning heights, but that's more to do with lack of motivation than anything.)

I will be totally screwed over for the HSC. I've vowed to implement a study regime in the next few weeks, but let's face it, it's not going to happen.

The thing is, I still don't see that the HSC exams actually cover so much material that it's necessary to do the whole panicky, breathing difficulties, study five hours a night thing in Term 3, or even during Stuvac. Maybe it's just my overconfidence coming through.

</ rambling>

beachbaby77

HSC
I had planned to finish all my notes in the hols, the most i had got up to before was stuff for assessments early term 2.

but that was the failed plan. Ultimately i just ended up doing two major works and two assessment tasks that were due.
thus cramming has begun...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
crimsonking said:
Overall, I don't feel like I am doing enough. It just seems wierd, I value the HSC quite a lot, but everyday that comes I care less and less for it (I get good marks too). I know I studied harder for my 1/2 yearlies than for the trials (trials start Monday for me) and I probably studied harder when I had no assessments/exams on than now.

Is it normal or just me?
What is normal. Every HSC student is different, some students have different methods of study which can take less time while others choose to cram and can still pull of decent marks. From what you completed in the holidays you were ahead of the eight ball as hopefully those dot point summaries you made will serve you well. Also you have been studying 4 weeks in advanced of your trials and I know for a fact that is a lot more then some students with some having to finish major works\assessments weeks\days before the trials.

Must people never feel they have done enough before exams and we all as students know there are areas where are study patterns can improve. As for caring, well this is about the time in the year for every HSC student where the pressure comes to a boiling point, so you are not alone on those thoughts. I guess all that you can do at this late stage is evaluate what you did\didn't do and learn from it and CHANGE your study techniques in the lead up to the HSC.

And finally, I wish you the best of luck in your trials!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)