is this cheating? (1 Viewer)

saxon

HSC
-short version-

a girl at our school, a rich girl, got 100 percent in our inschool assessment of our BOW. Now she did photography and she paid a proffessional developer to develop the photos for her onto canvas.... somthing that she apparently could do herself in the school's darkroom. now is this cheating? she paid 800 dollars for sumone else to do her work for her, i was lead to believe that the HSC was meant to test the ability of the student:confused:

T

Testpilot

I don't do art so i don't intimately know the details of producing a major work, but i would advise you to pursue the matter further through the appropriate means (try starting at school with your VA teacher, year advisor etc). However i thought marks had already been submitted to the board of studies, but it may not be too late for the school to re-evaluate them if she acted outside of the project's boundaries.

On the whole it seems to me to be cheating.

biggie walls

HSC
Of course you can get things printed professionally!

But there is nothing to stop an artwork made from found objects (junk, rubbish etc.) getting full marks, as is the same with an artwork that cost $800 to print.

So no, marks are not bought.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
saxon said:
-short version-

a girl at our school, a rich girl, got 100 percent in our inschool assessment of our BOW. Now she did photography and she paid a proffessional developer to develop the photos for her onto canvas.... somthing that she apparently could do herself in the school's darkroom. now is this cheating? she paid 800 dollars for sumone else to do her work for her, i was lead to believe that the HSC was meant to test the ability of the student:confused:
As long as she did the photos herself its okay.
I did the printing on canvas too... except I put together the canvas on mounts and all that jazz..

WAIT!
Did she do digital or analogue (film?)

nwatts

HSC
no

that's not cheating at all

i had my stuff professionally printed/mounted

you're a jealous bitch you are. leave the poor girl alone

saxon

HSC
it seems a little unfair to me, because the photos she did wouldnt have looked all that impressive if she had done it herself. eg using someone elses expertise instead of her own. its too late now, its just the her money to effort ratio is way out of wack to the marks she got.

Armic

HSC
Its not cheating. But I do see what you mean. Especially when I was the only one not to send photos away to be printed and mounted in my class. Only to find that their photos had been 'touched up' while being mounted... even printed on a special paper (to their own surprise and without their knowledge) which made it appear almost like a painting.

Since I was doing painting, I wasn't very impressed... but I got over it cause during the artshow, the hall was packed with identical photographical works and I was the only one which was different.

Let her have her $800 canvas prints, the markers are pretty level headed with these things. I doubt if any HSC student could pull off a decent printed canvas without outside help.

Gummy_bear

HSC
It is definately not cheating.
Getting the prints done by a proffessional is a good idea, esspecially if you know that you wont be able to do them yourself.
As long as she took the photos then its ok. Its just like getting a picture framed by a proffessional, its just common snese to do so if you cant do it yourself.

Plus, printing onto canvas coudnt be done in a regular darkroom, it is actually quite a lot harder than printing onto normal photo paper.

Dont judge her over that. The markers dont mark based on the quality of the print as such, but the quality of the artwork itself, the concept, the design, the art.

-kAiT-

HSC
nah deffinately not cheating.. i did photography this year and i had the choice of printing my own photos or taking them to a developer, the quality is just higher..
Aslong as she took the photos herself then its not cheating..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)