Is this faculty slow at putting marks up? (1 Viewer)

HSC
July 2nd is the day when marks become available depending on department, so just with past semesters and stuff have you guys usually received your marks on the first day they become available from the eco and bus' faculty.... if not how long are they usually...

??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it's not this faculty, it's this whole uni. here's a rough and very generalised process of what happens:
July 2: Final Exam marking Done (many subjects are finished earlier, some later). Most marks submitted.
*marks disappear into black hole*
*Marks randomly appear on myuni*

Expect to get your marks from the week of the 9th during that week, and the week coming after that

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
gotta love stazi's explanation...

yes that's how it works...

now the most mysterious thing happened to us was a MCQ final which took a month or so to mark oO

stazi

Nightman
HSC
they don't take so long to mark though. they're literally all marked within 1-2 weeks of the exam being done. for MC exams they're often marked within 48 hours. It's just that the faculty is slow. We have finished all our assessments for GOVT1202 during the semester, including our final MC exam which was in week 13. We know our marks. They're up on blackboard. However, the university will take another 2 weeks or so to put them up, as usual.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Geez, USyd seems pretty crappy when it comes to admin stuff....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Geez, USyd seems pretty crappy when it comes to admin stuff....
Truth.

Not only in exam marking though. I heard enrolment is rather crappy too...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Admin doesn't just mean exams. It means enrollment, paperwork, special consideration, special provisions, etc etc.

Quintin

HSC
stazi said:
it's not this faculty, it's this whole uni. here's a rough and very generalised process of what happens:
July 2: Final Exam marking Done (many subjects are finished earlier, some later). Most marks submitted.
*marks disappear into black hole*
*Marks randomly appear on myuni*

Expect to get your marks from the week of the 9th during that week, and the week coming after that
spoken with true eloquence

in answer to your question some subjects are faster than others... Accounting for instance has a reputation for being quite speedy... If you want to know what your results are just keep checking myuni at 5pm each day :) otherwise wait for the main to come on the 20th ...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Then again the accounting 1A raw marks were meant to come up on blackboard on Friday. There still hasn't been any word about them. Gh3y

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
From my experience the admin in the accounting discipline has been very organised in most subjects. However some finance subjects are hopleless, I've already got my degree and I still don't know my marks for several assignments, most notably from a certain lecturer who shares the same name with the a certain singer.

cueBall

HSC
stazi said:
Accounting 1A staff are being crap this year :(
they are usually one of the first to put it up in the faculty -- But this faculty is a little slow in general putting them out. A lot of subjects will only put them up the friday before uni starts.

It used to be that accounting 1A students that failed would have to repeat. Thus they would have to unenrol in 1B and reenrol in 1A hence the speed. Well that was the reason we were told.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the faculty doesn't put them up, though, from what i understand. i think that the faculty submits the marks to the central office, who then put it up. and 'a lot' of subjects aren't put up that late. most subjects will come out by saturday night, this week. a few will come out during the following week in the first few days.

Last edited:

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
回复: Is this faculty slow at putting marks up?

i have got my ECMT,ECOS results back, faster than i thought....oh, well... still waiting for another 2 ECOS subjects........

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I just got ACCT1001 back...I was expecting a pass or credit at best...with a small fear that I might fail. I got a heart attack when I saw 80.0 and D......for someone who had a virtually very little commerce background at school, that's a pretty awesome achievement......even better than my current CHEM1901 results in which I had some background HSC knowledge for....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
holy shit. nice work. i only got 73 :(
there there stazi... acct's been a bitch to me too.... acct1002 been a bigger bitch =/

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yay ive got that to look forward to next sem. i think ill do better though. i screwed up my midsem badly. wont be making that mistake again

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
回复: Is this faculty slow at putting marks up?

anyone is waiting for ECOS3010 result? wtf, the exam was in the 1st week, ECMT is out already, and 3010 is still " result yet not available".......its annoying to wait for these results tho.......:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)