Is this plagiarism in HSC? (1 Viewer)

psmao

HSC
Hey guys,
just out of curiosity, suppose my tutor anticipated a question in English HSC exam and I (superluckily) got the same question, I just chuck in the full-mark essay I memorised (which is written by my tutor or I got from internet), would I get 0 or full mark?

psmao

HSC
Similarly, what about physics? I memorise the model answer from a text book and chuck it in

sida1049

HSC
It's not likely to be a big deal. The English essay scenario you came up with is hard to detect, since they'd need the original essay by your tutor and the marker must be aware of it, and the Physics scenario is pretty common already since the HSC courses are very rote-learning based.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Yeh memorising and quoting essays aren't illegal, since it's not a take home assessment. Go ham.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If your tutor wrote an essay for you that would constitute plagiarism if you wrote it in the HSC exam. Not that they would be likely to tell, however.

psmao

HSC
would they literally do a plagiarism checking (like assessments) or they are just marking it

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Honestly it should be fine. I don't think the exam papers are scanned, and even if they are, they would need to use OCR on like 100,000 essays and then run them all through some plagiarism software. I'd seriously doubt they'd go to such lengths. If it was an assignment or a take home exam then maybe, but it's all sat under strict exam conditions so there's no reason they'd suspect plagiarism.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
what if I legit (hypothetically) memorised a good essay from internet?
they actually might check, it's better to get some ideas from there and try your own one, becuase if they find out there may be consequences. I don't want to scare you or something but just to be careful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)