Is this possible (1 Viewer)

straightdown

HSC
I have decided to leave year 12 and sit the HSC next year at TAFE.

Now the subjects i completed in the preliminary course were: english standard, general mathematics, hospitality, business studies, sor 1 unit and ancient history (I am eligible to continue these subjects for year 12 studies)

I have performed well in these subjects except ancient history so i was wondering as to whether i can complete the Community and Family Studies Preliminary HSC Course at TAFE somehow before this year (2009) ends... And then, next year, sit the HSC for english standard, general mathematics, hospitality, business studies and community and family studies (note: ancient history and sor 1 unit have not been included)

So basically all i am asking is: If I can complete a preliminary course at TAFE this year (or is it too late?) Also, can I remove Ancient History and SOR 1 unit from HSC studies and replace it with Community and Family Studies?

Thankyou.

Last edited:

straightdown

HSC
hollaholla - not a science person at all lol...

zedez - i'm not sure which TAFE i plan on attending

I'm just wondering if TAFE run preliminary courses that are completed within a few months

Zedez

HSC
Doubt it, but you may wish to look into online courses. You can do those at your own pace, but you have to be fairly self motivated and independant.

q3thefish

HSC
Lol.

Posted this at 3 in the morning.. ooof la O_O

bettina44

HSC
I have decided to leave year 12 and sit the HSC next year at TAFE.

Now the subjects i completed in the preliminary course were: english standard, general mathematics, hospitality, business studies, sor 1 unit and ancient history (I am eligible to continue these subjects for year 12 studies)

I have performed well in these subjects except ancient history so i was wondering as to whether i can complete the Community and Family Studies Preliminary HSC Course at TAFE somehow before this year (2009) ends... And then, next year, sit the HSC for english standard, general mathematics, hospitality, business studies and community and family studies (note: ancient history and sor 1 unit have not been included)

So basically all i am asking is: If I can complete a preliminary course at TAFE this year (or is it too late?) Also, can I remove Ancient History and SOR 1 unit from HSC studies and replace it with Community and Family Studies?

Thankyou.
yep, definately.the way the tafe courses are sturctured, you do year 11 and 12 in the one year. so you could do cafs next year- both prelim and hsc and not worry about doing it this year.
since you've done prelim already i'm not too sure as to whether you would have to repeat it again or just start halfway through the year.
and yep, u can drop as many subs as you want if u pick up subs to compensate for it and as long as it adds up to 10 units:)
perhaps give tafe a ring?

oh and anothe thing, the sunjects offered at tafe are very limited, well it depends on the campus, cafs isn't exactly a high demand subject so you may have to look into that.

its pretty good kind of like school where your put into a classroom and all, except for the fact that most of your peers are older and minus the detentions lol

straightdown

HSC
shady145 - lol i enjoy maths and english
q3thefish - lol to your comment
bettina44 - thanks for replying.. but why do they begin year 12 half way through the year and how can they teach the year 12 syllabus properly with only half a year?:S

Last edited:

bettina44

HSC
bettina44 - thanks for replying.. but why do they begin year 12 half way through the year and how can they teach the year 12 syllabus properly with only half a year?:S
like i said its really intensive since there's combining two years into the one, so they go at a faster pace, for the day classes you do 6 hours a week as opposed to 4 so i guess they compensate there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)