Is this true. eng at UWS --> UTS ?? (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
Hey all :)

Firstly, I would like to say that I've read the stickies and stuff. I am posting this because I want to go to UTS, but there's been a number of posts about people asking specific questions about transfers for that uni. So maybe it's different for my scenario aswell.

I plan on going to UTS for the computer systems engineering course (82.5). However, I feel as though I may not recieve a UAI that will exceed the cut-off. My next choice may be UWS, computer systems engineering (67). Now, is it true that I will just have to score a credit average (65?) to be able to transfer to UTS? Also, how long would I have to stay at UWS before I can transfer. More importantly, can I even transfer between these two uni's, because these two courses are the same right?

If anyone could please answer these questions, It will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Usually a credit average will let you transfer to UTS or any other uni. Obviously the higher your average, the better chance you have. A credit average in Engineering is not as easy as it sounds! I'll let some Engineering students post their experiences.

You'll have to look at the course structures of both uni's degrees to see how similar they are. I'm sure they are on the website's somewhere. The UTS ones are at http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au .

Chang

HSC
i thought u needed distinction average to transfer externally that is from one uni to another and a credit average to transfer internally, that is different course same uni.

P.S. I go to uws and i reckon that uni life is better than here, but im not too sure about the education =/

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Chang said:
i thought u needed distinction average to transfer externally that is from one uni to another and a credit average to transfer internally, that is different course same uni.

P.S. I go to uws and i reckon that uni life is better than here, but im not too sure about the education =/
No, its usually supply and demand, like for Year 12'ers

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
jasee said:
A credit average in Engineering is not as easy as it sounds! I'll let some Engineering students post their experiences.
jasee knows where its at ... seriously, i did nothing in yr 12, got a pretty bad uai so ended up just doing engineering ... and after a few weeks realised i would die if i had to do this shit forever. thus decided to start working and attempt to get marks :p and seriously, this semester that just ended was pretty damn shit ... basically cause i suck at maths and physics - which you have to do first yr eng ... so yeah, its gunna be a bit of work to get a credit average :) but its do-able!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)