Is this true? (1 Viewer)

richey

HSC
when answering question in maths HSC exam ( not the trial), if you have 2 diffenent answer for one question the HSC markers will mark only the correct answer??

so that means if you dont know how to work out a question you just guess and let the markers work out the most correct answer?

I hope this is true

amyg238

HSC
It sounds unlikely....
In a chemistry exam I wrote two answers once and one of them was correct but I got 0 for writing two answers.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
richey said:
when answering question in maths HSC exam ( not the trial), if you have 2 diffenent answer for one question the HSC markers will mark only the correct answer??

so that means if you dont know how to work out a question you just guess and let the markers work out the most correct answer?

I hope this is true
nope....u get zero for it however if u did working out and got the right answer but then thought is was wrong so u cross it out, not rub it out and did another way but was incorrect, they would might give u marks! for the one cross out but i dont think it would be full marks!

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Do you mean 2 different answers as in (x-1)(x-2) = 0, so x = 1 or 2?

Or do you actually mean the question is ambiguous and lead to two possible working out's and answers? o_O

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you just guess the answers, then you'd probably won't get any marks for it, if you've shown working out and the question's only meant to have 1 answer and you've given 2, then it might be a bit more of a conundrum, I'm sure they'll mark you on the working out, but not so sure whether to as they'll give you the mark for the correct answer.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
if you have two sets of working out and one set is right then u would get the full marks as was said by noir lolz
apparantly in some questions, such as question 10 4 2U maths, u cant have the answer on its own, you have to clearly stipulate the working out, is this really the case? or is it just the marking of the teachers in my school, who in turn r maths HSC markers :confused:

richey

HSC
yeah its pretty cool how you can do that, if only that was allowed for exams with multiple choice........

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ahmed A said:
apparantly in some questions, such as question 10 4 2U maths, u cant have the answer on its own, you have to clearly stipulate the working out, is this really the case? or is it just the marking of the teachers in my school, who in turn r maths HSC markers :confused:
You would be an idiot if you didn't include any working. There are very few maths questions that don't require some working and most of those are 1 mark so other then that do working it should at least guarantee you a few marks.

Plus for a question that requires working and you have none even with the correct answer it looks quite suss.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Ahmed A said:
if you have two sets of working out and one set is right then u would get the full marks as was said by noir lolz
You do have to show working out, it is not just the pedantic nature of your teachers but a requirement in the HSC exam if you are going to get full marks.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
You would be an idiot if you didn't include any working. There are very few maths questions that don't require some working and most of those are 1 mark so other then that do working it should at least guarantee you a few marks.

Plus for a question that requires working and you have none even with the correct answer it looks quite suss
loll
just for the record
i do show working out and i wasnt speaking from my own personal experience... :)
it just struck me that some people dont show working out in the final questions, and i wanted to know if they were still awarded the marks...

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
richey said:

I hope this is true
Here's my understanding of it. I was told by a senior marker at some maths lecture (can't remember if it was ext 1 or 2) but if you provide 2 answers for the one question, they will mark both of them. Let's assume one is perfectly correct and the other one is totally wrong. They will give you the full marks, minus one mark. Or they will give you marks for the most correct answer, minus one mark.
But if you guessed an answer...:confused:
Show working out nonetheless!;)

bellinda

HSC
haha.. i did this on my trial paper on tuesday.. wonder if ill get the marks.. lol.. couldnt work out hich way to do it anbd kept getting two differnt answers... agh.. hehe.. atleast trails are over now.. well nearly.. lol..

but ofcaourse u have to show making.. god how do u even getthe answers with out working.. lol..

:wave:

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
bellinda said:
haha.. i did this on my trial paper on tuesday.. wonder if ill get the marks.. lol.. couldnt work out hich way to do it anbd kept getting two differnt answers... agh.. hehe.. atleast trails are over now.. well nearly.. lol..

but ofcaourse u have to show making.. god how do u even getthe answers with out working.. lol..

:wave:
:wave: Hahaha, teachers tend to be a little more lenient when it comes to marking. So maybe;)

HSC
its all about the working

believe it or not, the working out is much more important than the actual answer

it is worth a lot more marks and is a more comprehensive show of ur understanding of the 2u course than a simple 2 or 3 digit answer

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i would expect them to , cos after all , you DID the question. !
but i havent done that before , so i wouldnt know :p

Chocolat

HSC
Interesting question...I just had my trials at school...and there was one question on the Biology paper that I wrote two separate answers for, because while I knew one of them would have had to be correct, I didn't know which one...so I wrote both :p.
In the end, my teacher ended up giving me the marks for the question, even though she did make the comment that in the future I should just stick with one answer because two answers shows lack of knowledge and certainty and HSC markers might not like that...(my retort was perhaps if the questions were worded more clearly then maybe I would be certain in my answer!)
I guess it would really depend on the teacher/HSC marker...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)