Is Tupac the best musician to ever live? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Whatever I take it back. When I can articulate exactly what I mean I'll get back to you.

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Whatever I take it back. When I can articulate exactly what I mean I'll get back to you.
Can I write a comment that isn't exactly nice without being banned? Please?:eek:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
never said rap wasn't music. which i suppose warps it a little, because you should therefore equate the creator as a musician

I don't know. Just when I hear "musician", I don't immediately think of rappers, no offence, especially in the context of "best musician ever".

Do you know what I mean? I don't mean to cause offence, but when you hear "best musician ever" you think jimi hendrix, miles davis, eric clapton, people who demand respect from people whatever the musical genre you prefer. I suppose when you include rappers, I suppose Tupac is closely up there?

I can't explain it.

Oh yeah thanks for the subtle stab.
omg id never take a stab at you stef! lol

i wrote that post straight after i read 'does any other people who are reading this forum right now that can actually play music tearing their eyes out like me?'

i didnt even read urs or had u in mind

<3 stef.

but yes, i stand by that. and thats true too when i hear musician i think of hendrix, miles davis etc. but i would never discount hip hop as music. especially when you have bands such as the roots. who get props from every genre. fuck, even rolling stones mag put them in the top 10 live acts in the world. and i remember an article saying 'fans of sigur ros and the like would love a live show by the roots'

Russdog

russell
HSC
wow, roots top 10 live act? i fucking love the roots, but i wouldn't say they're a top 10 live act, although black thought is my fucking god. they did play a half hour best-of-hiphop medley which was fucking awesome, and it was cool to see them play my favourite roots songs, but compared to so many other people i've seen live they weren't super special. ?uestlove did a 5 minute drum solo while the rest went off stage, which was cool, but they didn't really put much of a show on. maybe it was the end of their tour or something.. but i've seen better live hiphop.

7th Sign

HSC
SomeoneCool said:
Biggie WAS a dog.

dumb ass learn your Rap history, before making stupid ass MTV rap comments.

I bet you think "lil wayne is a gangsta" as well :jaw:

pinkyforce7

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Do you know what I mean? I don't mean to cause offence, but when you hear "best musician ever" you think jimi hendrix, miles davis, eric clapton, people who demand respect from people whatever the musical genre you prefer. I suppose when you include rappers, I suppose Tupac is closely up there?
I agree. I know what you mean. your epic.

But at the same time even for the title of THE best musician to ever live, Jimi Hendrix and the like fall short in my eyes. They were great but were they the greatest? Possibly. The thing that kind of teases me is that they were great musicians but if you look at it in the perspective of things, they were also popular musicians. Don't get me wrong, i love them and they were brilliant revolutionary muso's. Im not saying that popular muso's arent good because they sold out. But what about the muso's that you dont hear about? I'm discovering fantasic music all the time. some of the greatest guitarists have been upstaged by local legends. and thats just guitarists.

I think that some of the greatest musical minds to ever live were Beethoven and Mozart. But then again thats just who i know of and listen to. And haveing an extraordinary musical mind does not make you the greatest musican to ever live.

This all brings me back to the original point. yeah, no. Tupac does not fall into that category

HSC
Lol at hiphophooray123 thinking biggie is better then pac ahahahahahahahaha

tupac IS the best rap artist there will ever be.

MTP

HSC
EightySixMafia said:

the BEST? more like, one of the most overrated rap artists in history, just behind jay-z and lil' wayne.

Russdog

russell
HSC
he was fucking talented, you can't deny he was a fucking good rapper, i just don't really listen to his music. he's been too wog-inated in aus.

HSC
MTP said:
the BEST? more like, one of the most overrated rap artists in history, just behind jay-z and lil' wayne.

Name a better rapper?

lol jay-z and lil wayne are fucken overated and shit, tupac however is not, granted many people think he only a gangsta rapper, but he was far more then that

HSC
epic fail on your part runtlocks and i'm not about to go into a rapper list-off with you cause we all know you will just list commerical faggot rappers so the point of your post was? are you gonna name a better rapper? or just sit and imply you know a better rapper when you don't know anything about hip hop?

MTP

HSC
EightySixMafia said:
Name a better rapper?

lol jay-z and lil wayne are fucken overated and shit, tupac however is not, granted many people think he only a gangsta rapper, but he was far more then that
What i meant as overrated, was. Pac is seen as a "rap god". Yeah he is one of the best rappers in history, but there are others that lyrically kill him. Like:

-Common
-Lupe Fiasco
-Mos def
-Talib kweli
-Lauryn Hill
-KRS1

HSC
Agreed with most on your list, cept lupe, just never got into him.

However I think lyrics alone don't make a rapper.

I am not trying to be a tupac fucken groupie, but you can't deny he was fucken good with what he did.

MTP

HSC
EightySixMafia said:
Agreed with most on your list, cept lupe, just never got into him.

However I think lyrics alone don't make a rapper.

I am not trying to be a tupac fucken groupie, but you can't deny he was fucken good with what he did.
Yeh of course lyrics alone dont make a rapper, just look at soulja boy. smh.

hmm yeah, he is a champ. What kind of artists are you into?

HSC
To many to mention but at the moment listening to a bit of;

Gang Starr
Jay Dilla
Pharcyde
Asaviour
Jimmy Screech
BukkCity
MF Doom
Klashnekoff
Tribe Called Quest

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
EightySixMafia said:

yeah cool, im not usually arrogant, but i know what im talking about when it comes to this so you, little kid, can shut the fuck up, suck my dick and swallow my fucking load because biggie shits all over 2pac ALL FUCKING DAY EVERY FUCKING DAY.

ok, bit harsh, but im so fucking sick of the biggie and pac debate

you ask most heads and they'll say biggie was greater.....but then you ask alot of fucking faggots who listen to 96.1 and shit and they'll say pac while in the background cassie - me & you is playing on their stereo, sure some heads will say pac because he rapped about issues that are relatively closer to the heart when compared to the issues that biggie addressed.

biggie was alot more raw, alot more clever, his overall songs were better than 2pacs, he had an awesome humour in his rhymes....and most importantly his words painted a way better picture than pac could have ever painted. his imagery was amazing. and i dont even have to mention his flow.

name rappers that are better than pac

yeah

ok

NOTORIOUS B.I.G
JAY-Z
nas
redman
common
raekwon
krs-one
BIG L (shits ALL OVER 2PAC and you can bet ya fucking life on that)
jadakiss
bun-b
andre 3000
big boi

for starters

i would place lupe above him too, he is an amazing rapper imo. flow, swag, imagery, humour, great ear for beats, clever and addresses even deeper issues than pac ever delved into. dude has it all

lupe is one of the best hip hop has right now. definently in the top 5 right now

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)