Is txting while you're driving illegal? (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Not only is it illegal, but incredibly stupid. It's way more dangerous than talking on the phone IMO.

HSC
Section 300. Australian road rules.

Use of hand-held mobile phones

(1) The driver of a vehicle (except an emergency vehicle or police vehicle) must not use a hand-held mobile phone while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary but not parked, unless the driver is exempt from this rule under another law of this jurisdiction.
www.dictionary.com said:
Use:
v. to employ for some purpose; put into service; make use of: to use a knife.

HSC
Dumsum said:
Not only is it illegal, but incredibly stupid. It's way more dangerous than talking on the phone IMO.
yeah, agreed .. although with that said, i tend to text while i'm driving but i know the letters/numbers so well that i don't even look at my phone while i'm writing it, then i just glance at it for a second to make sure it makes sense and that i'm sending it to the right person.

still illegal, still stupid, but hey.

HSC
it's illegal fullstop. The reason the RTA website has conceded that much, is because it would be hard to prove that they were using a hands free.

"No officer, i was singing along to the radio".

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
threadstarter: der what do you rkn.

Parked?

So If I were stopped on the side of the road with the engine running, handbrake on, in neutral, indicating that I have stopped, whilst making a phone call that would be illegal?

What do they define park as?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
of course it is. And if it wasn't, it'll be damn stupid to try.

macoboi

HSC
mr_brightside said:
threadstarter: der what do you rkn.

Parked?

So If I were stopped on the side of the road with the engine running, handbrake on, in neutral, indicating that I have stopped, whilst making a phone call that would be illegal?

What do they define park as?
if you're off the road, you're parked. stopped, but not parked refers to situations like waiting at lights, or intersections,etc

IMO, handsfree should be illegal, its definately not safe. even drivers 'aides' (eg. gps) are too distracting. How is hving a TV screen in your face any less distracting if a map is on it?

cerpin taxt

HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
its illegan to txt, but its not illegal to cerpin taxt
it should be

i text while driving regularly. you're all pussy cunts.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I have enough issues trying to text while walking along the street (bumping into people, walking unknowingly onto the road...etc) without wanting to try it while driving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)