• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is uni hard? (2 Viewers)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
What an exaggeration, one semester of uni is certainly not equal to the HSC times 2, 4 or whatever people have been saying. You've certainly got a very questionable work ethic if you find the workload in uni to be so stressful that the HSC is nothing compared to uni. The only people who find uni to be much more stressful than the HSC are those who have never really worked hard before and relied on their so called 'talent' to do well in the HSC without putting in much effort at all.

[For the record I'm not doing some bludge course where I can just BS an essay the night before its due and still get a high mark (and no, 65 is not a high mark).]

Last edited:

circusmind

HSC
Anonymou5 said:
What an exaggeration, one semester of uni is certainly not equal to the HSC times 2, 4 or whatever people have been saying. You've certainly got a very questionable work ethic if you find the workload in uni to be so stressful that the HSC is nothing compared to uni. The only people who find uni to be much more stressful than the HSC are those who have never really worked hard before and relied on their so called 'talent' to do well in the HSC without putting in much effort at all.

[For the record I'm not doing some bludge course where I can just BS an essay the night before its due and still get a high mark (and no, 65 is not a high mark).]

Bitter much?

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
circusmind said:
Bitter much?
Well considering that I got a high ENTER, won numerous awards in high school and then followed that up in uni by obtaining 90+ in various subjects and topped a stream of maths at a uni with a high level of competition, not really. The whole point was that people who do well in high school but falter in uni have simply never worked hard before, or don't know the meaning of hard work.

circusmind

HSC
Anonymou5 said:
Well considering that I got a high ENTER, won numerous awards in high school and then followed that up in uni by obtaining 90+ in various subjects and topped a stream of maths at a uni with a high level of competition, not really. The whole point was that people who do well in high school but falter in uni have simply never worked hard before, or don't know the meaning of hard work.
You sounded angry :eek:.

(There are a few other factors in why people might not do so well at uni....living away from home, working, higher level of competition--which especially hurts you if you're doing law, which is often marked on a bell curve...)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Yeah there are other factors and they're collectively known as life. Deal with it, don't use it as an excuse.

T

Taliban Fighter

I'd rather be lazy and massively underachieve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)