• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is uni like the HSC studying wise? (2 Viewers)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
a self-made tutorial video for those who didn't go to theirs that week (I don't know many unis/units that usually do this, they either just upload the horribly recorded lectures or upload nothing at all).
Can i just say that while i think this is very helpful for students, it's pretty disgusting that the convenor has to take the time out of their tremendously busy schedule to make an updated video every week for students who simply can't be assed to attend their tutorials (excluding those with legitimate reasons of course - but let's be honest, how many of those who don't attend their classes have legitimate reasons).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say more no than yes tbh.

Only thing HS may teach you is how to work hard if you had to in HS to get the marks you have to. But the studying mentality/skill set is very different.

enoilgam

HSC
I'd say that it's mostly the same general principles with uni - a lot of people say that it is different and I think that is only true in a superficial way. With uni the syllabus isnt clearly defined, you have limited resources and courses vary greatly based on who is running the subject.

Ultimately though, it's pretty much like going from playing club NRL games to the State of Origin. Yes, the game is faster and harder, but at the end of the day, you are still playing rugby league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)