• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is University of Western Sydney a good school to do Translation and Interpretation ? (1 Viewer)

khfon1

HSC
N/A
I am interested in the undergaraduate translation and interpreting course in University of Western Sydney. However, does UWS have a good reputation?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
are you talking about as a university or the course itself?
Both are rubbish.

Now, I'm sure you're about to give me the "UWS IS A GREAT UNIVERSITY! YOU CAN ALWAYS TRANSFER! IT'S AWESOME" speech, but I know, it's rubbish.

DTFM

HSC
Wassup? said:
Both are rubbish.

Now, I'm sure you're about to give me the "UWS IS A GREAT UNIVERSITY! YOU CAN ALWAYS TRANSFER! IT'S AWESOME" speech, but I know, it's rubbish.
You haven't been to university yet. What exactly are you basing that on?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Wassup? said:
Both are rubbish.

I'm sure we should listen to you with all your great knowledge and experience of university.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
I assume you’re referring to the Bachelor of Arts (Interpreting and Translation). I have a friend in that course and apparently their NEW equipment is more state of the art that at the United Nations. The academics also trained all of the interpreters used at the Sydney Olympics and helped the Lao Government set up their interpreting and translation department. The website does indicate that the course is fully accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). It also says that employers are required to employ accredited interpreters and translators.
Perhaps take a look at the UWS website; http://future.uws.edu.au/ug/arts/b_arts_interpreting_and_translation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)