• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Usyd really like this? (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
withoutaface said:
I think the implication had more to do with contact hours than the general intelligence level of the arts faculty.
oh it's almost always about the general intelligence level of the arts faculty.

i just believe that you chose your own degree out of your own accord, and if you don't like the contact hours then CHANGE. it's not my fault you chose vet/med/whatever the fuck else, so don't complain OR put people down who chose a different degree.

100 points to melbournian.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
oh it's almost always about the general intelligence level of the arts faculty.

i just believe that you chose your own degree out of your own accord, and if you don't like the contact hours then CHANGE. it's not my fault you chose vet/med/whatever the fuck else, so don't complain OR put people down who chose a different degree.

I know I chose my degree, and I'm very happy with the subject matter and I put up with the hours because I find it interesting, and I haven't been putting BA's down in this thread.
grk_styl said:
melbournian in another thread said:
You are an engineering student (whose minds are so simple, they elect candidates who have no policy, except 'more beer')....
Minus 100 points for melbournian.

04er

HSC
funny how one comment can drastically change the initial direction of a thread.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Keep in mind that melbournian's comment was following on from your own, calculon, and that there is little to gain by taking a comment out of context in order to 'prove' a point.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Generator said:
Keep in mind that melbournian's comment was following on from your own, calculon, and that there is little to gain by taking a comment out of context in order to 'prove' a point.
My comment was that USU is generally a lefty concept.
What is one supposed to say when melbournian posts up an article about how rowers support USU implying that because you're a sportsman you have to be ideologically opposed to leftist ideas?

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
That it's a hippie concept and that all that support USU are hippies or of the left would be the better representation of that post chain, I believe.

Edit: As I said in the other thread, calculon, try to not treat the issue as being so simplistic that a simple left vs right binary characterises the usu vs vsu debate.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Geez, your arguements seem to be a bit repetitive. How long have uni students been talking about this U/VSU thing for? 18 months?

Jeez, old news.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Shut up, Gavrillo. There is no need for a high school student to start 'moralising' when he clearly cannot grasp the contentious nature of the issue (as evidenced by your 'old news' comment). Or, if you just want to be e-cool, then do so in another subforum, because we really do not need it here.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Geez, your arguements seem to be a bit repetitive. How long have uni students been talking about this U/VSU thing for? 18 months?

Jeez, old news.
Your mum's old news.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Templar said:
Tapping a keg is work now?
<3 drunk engineers.

Edit: As I said in the other thread, calculon, try to not treat the issue as being so simplistic that a simple left vs right binary characterises the usu vs vsu debate.
I think that the left are as guilty of polarising the issue, if not more so than the right.

I expected you to be pro vsu melbie.
We all know what will happen to sport post VSU. I'd imagine that only services used by the vast majority of students such as the gym (though I don't know how many people at Usyd gym it up in the morning) and teams/sports that can get private sponsorship such as union will stay afloat.

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
withoutaface said:
I know I chose my degree, and I'm very happy with the subject matter and I put up with the hours because I find it interesting, and I haven't been putting BA's down in this thread.
i know...hence why it was directed at mambomeg.
i know i have considerably little contact hours compared to engo/science/pharm/med/etc, it just doesn't mean that b arts students are dumb or spend their time handing out pamphlets. i know heaps of arts students who refuse to take them let alone hand them out.

it's a massively STUPID generalisation.

J

jhakka

I don't see why people think Arts students are stupid because they do less hours. I think myself absolutely mad if I chose a degree with 20+.

Having said that, though, so long as you're happy with your course and where you are, that's absolutely fine. If you're dedicated enough to do all those hours, more power to you.

tennille

HSC
Bloody science people are nerds :p

Maths, maths, maths, maths...etc.

Lucky I'm not that obsessed with the subject :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Tennille said:

What's wrong with maths?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Discrete is still pretty boring. Until at least finite state machines.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:

:(

Fine ill take my maths degree elsewhere!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
advanced maths class was pretty bad
its like 80% non-caucasions and everyone laughed at the geekiest maths jokes

X

xeuyrawp

leslie229 said:
http://sydneyspy.blogspot.com

If so, uh oh.. and lol :rofl:
I won 5 bucks from that guy

Friday, August 05, 2005

Competition Closed

Everyone feign excitement for Rob who has won the Sydney Spy July Competition. He came the closest to guessing where that photo was taken. He said:

...you've clearly got the new and refurbished Customs House,which is on Alfred Street Circular Quay. You're standing back further than the street, though, and I'd say the black line in the top left ofthe photo is the Cahill Expressway, which you're standing under.

Everything about that was correct EXCEPT my spy took the photo while sitting in Circular Quay station, the third bench from the end. Rob had the most accurate response so his colossal prize is on the way. Watch out for the August competition coming soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)