Is year 12 Hard ? (1 Viewer)

HoldingOn

HSC
For me not particularly, but it’s all down to your subjects and your ability really. So it could be very hard or very easy for you or somewhere in between.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yea it was hard because there was sooo much homework and 3 sets of trials so there was so much work. The content in physics was deadly as well.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 12 should technically be the hardest year of your schooling.

There are high expectations, and a lot of work is required. However, "hard" is relative, and depends on what you are looking for. If you only want a 60 atar for example, then objectively that is not as hard to achieve as a 99 atar would be.

Personally, I find the HSC to be hard, but from my above statement, that is related to my goals and the effort I put in, but I'm not the only one who does that.

KAIO7

HSC
N/A
Well, it depends on how you define hard, a lot of factors can influence your perception on whether year 12 is/was challenging or not. From my personal experience, I'd say it required me to put a decent amount of effort, and of course there were times where stress, exams, assignments, fearing not get a 99 Atar, etc,... really overwhelmed me but I think what kept me going was that I really enjoyed the subjects I did and had a bit of support from those around me, so overall I'd say it was challenging at times but looking back at it now, I think it was definitely a fun experience.

captainneuro

HSC
looking at your subs, you would need to put quite a bit of work in opposed to someone doing subs perceived as 'easier'

Frostguard

HSC
I find Year 12 hard not necessarily because of all the homework and the assessments, but the surrounding stress, pressure and expectations that make it mentally taxing to continue throughout the year. Examinations are hard, especially if you've got a double and/or consecutive exams and it can be hard sometimes to stay positive but I mean as long as you got a good support network, whether it be friends, family, peers, teachers, pets (love my rabbits <3), they'll relieve all that negativity, even if it's just a little, it helps and makes sure you don't burn out in your final year where everything counts and is why you gotta make sure you try your best!!

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I found it was extremely similar to Year 11, except for the fact that there was slightly more homework and independent studying to account for the fact you are building your knowledge for the most important set of examinations in your teenage years (if you are relying on an ATAR). It isn't too much different though, but it also depends on the school/teacher. Maybe have a chat to the teachers who you know will be taking Year 12 classes to see what their opinion is on the workload in comparison to prelim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)