Is Year 12 Legal more interesting than Year 11? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Like, what I find interesting; do you focus more on crime, case studies, trial, punishment, etc...??

Btw, what is Abboriginal and Torrest Straight Islander customary law? No idea what that is.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is Year 12 Legal more interesting? Yes. But I did Legal under the old syllabus. So I don't know what they've changed so you just have to look through the syllabus.

You'll do a lot more crime, case studies, trials and the like in Y12 - and you'll find most of the stuff you like is under 'Crime'.

Also the customary law is the laws the Aboriginals had.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I am in your year (yr11)

I have looked at next years work and it is so much better

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I finished the hsc last year and I looooovvveeed the legal studies course, so much so that I am now studying law and commerce at uni. At first I didn't like the year 12 legal studies course, I thought yr 11 was just so awesome. In year 12 I really enjoyed crime but most of all I enjoyed the optional topics. My school did family and consumers. Family was boring but it was easy. Consumer law was interesting and the concepts were slightly challenging. Year 12 was more enjoyable. More work involved but heaps more fun :) you'll like it :)

ital101

HSC
Wouldn't know, only ever did year 11 Legal Studies, and that was before the new 2011 HSC syllabus was introduced to make the course more accessible to students. I don't know. Ask Schoey93 if he's still around, he's doing year 12 Legal this year, he enjoys it, says its very relevant and that in class they get to discuss current issues. Personally, I have to learn about the Food Act 2001 and the Food Regulations 2003, plus the ACC (Australian Consumer Competition) Act 2010 (Cth) which replaced the Trade Practices Act 1974 (NSW) - as they are relevant to working as an apprentice chef or qualified trade cook, which is what I'm working towards through my vocational studies in commercial cookery; I hate the law with a passion. It serves a useful purpose to protect society and preserve the integrity of lawmakers and members of public service professions, however it is in general rigid and inflexible (like a stiffy, ha!) and as society moves ahead, the law limps behind.

Last edited:

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
In short, yes. I'm doing year 12 Legal this year and love it. It is without a doubt my favourite course! If you have any more questions let me know :)
PS. Like Shadowdude said Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Customary law are tribal laws that include stuff like mediation and circle sentencing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)