Is Your MDP.. (1 Viewer)

HSC
" " at this current stage,
-time consuming?
-stressful?
-expensive?
etc

As for me, i'm in the '07 and therefore shouldn't really be thinking about it until term 4 but my D&T class is so freaking easy and such a bludge that i've had time to come up with rough sketches and notes for my piece (of architecture).
I've visited the powerhouse museum twice: once with my school and once with my girlfriend. I was really amazed at the junk they have there and got useful notes for my MDP on the second visit. DesignTech was pretty cool too! Those assholes look like they worked hard to get theirs done.

I also want to know if it is worth starting this early. I just don't want to end up with a giant rush towards deadline.

Last edited:

cherub_rock93

HSC
YES!!!! start now! even if its just brainstorming and researching

im very behind in my MDP and as a result i only have about a term and a bit to finish it *stress*. Dont do too much this year as you wont have much to do next year, but it will help.

ChrisNo.1

HSC
berty is doing well in his mdp, so is kim

Last edited:

kimiii

HSC
yes, i agree.

berty is a champion and he is doing remarkably well in his MDP

n3ver_again

HSC
Yes start now!!! god if only i was that organised! well done, we only went to the powerhouse a couple of weeks back and im doing DT for 06 so yeh good work!

niteshade1312

HSC
I wouldn't start at ALL!! I am overly organised and even I wouldn't have started earlier than I did. If you were to start your project soo early you really would tire of it so quickly!!!

Brainstorming isn't a bad idea but definately don't start doing your project until you have to!

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
I wouldn't start at ALL!! I am overly organised and even I wouldn't have started earlier than I did. If you were to start your project soo early you really would tire of it so quickly!!!

Brainstorming isn't a bad idea but definately don't start doing your project until you have to!
LOL. That is indeed true. After a week, i grew tired of my project. I don't even see it as innovative or whatever anymore probably because i've thought about it so much. I suppose that can be a good thing because i'm hoping to at least get a few other ideas through 'til i find something really, really, really perfect.

niteshade1312

HSC
It's not a bad thing to start thinking. I started thinking about my Year 12 project at the beginning of Year 11, but I never thought I would do what I eventually came up with. Don't tire yourself before you have to!

soul_VL

HSC
yeah trust me, the earlier u start in yr 11 when u have free time, do alot of the research, and have some back up ideas.
thats where u get stuck when u have started and relised that it wont work....
*touch wood* hasnt happend yet

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
gotta remember people. that there is less than a year to do your MDP. its due around august RIGHT after trials. which is a push to get anything done around that time as there is so much going on at that time. you will KILL yourself if you end up doing most of the work around trial period. remember those exams are very important too for internal examination.

rach_06

HSC
Early is better, I'm doing 10 units, have nearly finished the build part of my MDP, so theoretically I can sort of concentrate on the other 9 units of subjets...

celery

HSC
i've got 10 units too...
it is absolutely a good idea to start abit early, because there is actually ALOT of folio work to do...especially experiementations and testings...
My first idea came to me in term 4 of yr 11...now im into term 2 of yr 12 and it has developed SO much...ive done SO much experiements...and you really need the time to let that happen....so DEF start early.
AND...MUST BE ORGANISED!!!! RECORD EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!
goodluck everybody of 06 & 07!:)

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
if u have ideas on what you want to do for ur major project.. then by all means.. start..
and yup.. record everything u do

ccnachocheese

HSC
OK best idea....DONT DO DT and definately DONT MIX TWO MAJOR WORK SUBJECTS
AHHHHHHHHHHH stresssssssssss
Unless ur organised like i should have been

guernica3

HSC
Is my MDP due in less then a month? Is it not even begun? Is my folio non-exsistant? Are my trials now? Am I screwed?
How can I put this.... yes, yes, yes, yes and double yes.

You don't need to start earlier then yr 12. But you do need to work once you've started. Sure brainstorming and whatever are important. But don't under estimate how stressful these times are. You also can't predict what will happen - relationships, illness, etc.

physx

HSC
guernica3 said:
You don't need to start earlier then yr 12. But you do need to work once you've started. Sure brainstorming and whatever are important. But don't under estimate how stressful these times are. You also can't predict what will happen - relationships, illness, etc.
Yeah dont start to early, but to back up guernica3 just make sure you hammer it when you get it started, im still working on mine and after trials im not having the week off im going into school each day and im going to plough 6 hrs a day away at mine to make sure it's the best possible one i can make. Hopefully this all works out.. Goodluck all !

-> DNT is easy marks if you work at it <-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)