ISIS - Are we doing enough? (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
uhhh 150k reservists who were 'recently conscripted' sounds a lot like cannon fodder to me.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
how about we add some spetsnaz units
The western world has been sending Tier 1 units to the region in the past year already.

spetznaz are great at killing people but that's about it.

Last edited:

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
This thread was going well until those 2 kids decided to tune in, with nothing constructive to say except make smart ass mocks about a religion. (you know who you are, nothing useful to say - then fuck off).

Other than that, most of the posts here have been spot on, in regards to the conflict in Syria. ISIS I think are seeing its last days, unless the US, Israel and the dictators of Saudi do something about it. But I hope, for the sake of Syria, and stability in the Mid East, and as a result the world, Russia, Iran, Syria accomplish their goals and put an end to this.

BTW, in regards to Vladmir Putin. Social media really likes to make fun of him, and trivialise him, yet if you see his interviews, speeches etc, the man makes a lot of sense.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
This thread was going well until those 2 kids decided to tune in, with nothing constructive to say except make smart ass mocks about a religion. (you know who you are, nothing useful to say - then fuck off).

Other than that, most of the posts here have been spot on, in regards to the conflict in Syria. ISIS I think are seeing its last days, unless the US, Israel and the dictators of Saudi do something about it. But I hope, for the sake of Syria, and stability in the Mid East, and as a result the world, Russia, Iran, Syria accomplish their goals and put an end to this.

BTW, in regards to Vladmir Putin. Social media really likes to make fun of him, and trivialise him, yet if you see his interviews, speeches etc, the man makes a lot of sense.
The man has to show strength because Russia is very weak at the moment. Economically they're dead. Their major export has essentially collapsed and their people face a bleak future. Russia essentially has been put in a position with little to lose and much to gain. remember that famous dog picture where he made Merkel scared? This is what she said and it is spot on. The only reason why Russia 'cares' about Syria is essentially to be a counter to US foreign policy. Nothing more nothing less. Sending spetznaz won't mean shit against ISIS. Two FSB agents were already executed publicly a while back already. People overvalue the strength of the Russian military, especially their special forces. The whole 'russia strong' trope is getting old.

"I understand why he has to do this — to prove he's a man," Merkel said. "He's afraid of his own weakness. Russia has nothing, no successful politics or economy. All they have is this."

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/1/7313443/vladimir-putin-merkel

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
The man has to show strength because Russia is very weak at the moment. Economically they're dead. Their major export has essentially collapsed and their people face a bleak future. Russia essentially has been put in a position with little to lose and much to gain. remember that famous dog picture where he made Merkel scared? This is what she said and it is spot on. The only reason why Russia 'cares' about Syria is essentially to be a counter to US foreign policy. Nothing more nothing less. Sending spetznaz won't mean shit against ISIS. Two FSB agents were already executed publicly a while back already. People overvalue the strength of the Russian military, especially their special forces. The whole 'russia strong' trope is getting old.

"I understand why he has to do this — to prove he's a man," Merkel said. "He's afraid of his own weakness. Russia has nothing, no successful politics or economy. All they have is this."

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/1/7313443/vladimir-putin-merkel
I doubt that.

Whatever it is, Russia is doing the right thing. The best for the Middle East. The best for the World.

N

notmirin

Syria issue really has to do with USA meddling more than anything else. IS is there because of the chaos that has ensured from USA funding militants to overthrow Assad.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I doubt that.

Whatever it is, Russia is doing the right thing. The best for the Middle East. The best for the World.
Russia doesn't care about the world.

Putin isn't having more success than the Americans. Of course they can lob more bombs, the Syrians won't shoot their shit down with the new Buks they received. The west have been targeting IS leadership and it's been a lot more successful than random bombings. Russians give no shits to civilian casualties.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Russia doesn't care about the world.

Putin isn't having more success than the Americans. Of course they can lob more bombs, the Syrians won't shoot their shit down with the new Buks they received. The west have been targeting IS leadership and it's been a lot more successful than random bombings. Russians give no shits to civilian casualties.
ofc not russia only cares about its own geopolitical goals, if it can fuck america at the same time it is a massive bonus

Kolmias

HSC
Nice job Turkey! Get ready to be f**ked by Putin.
It was an extremely idiotic thing to do, shooting down that fighter jet.

It probably wasn't even shot down in Turkey anyway but in nearby Syria. As the plane was travelling so fast, when it was hit, it would have travelled for a long distance.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes because putin is going to attack a NATO member. What a great idea.
NATO's stance is not immediately clear... From the looks of things, they seem to support Turkey, however, they seem to be really distancing themselves from this event... So I think the jury is still out on that one, it is in no doubt, a option that Russia would possibly consider...

Drsoccerball

HSC
Just a little conspiracy theory... Do you guys think the Turkish government is supporting ISIS?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Brother how can you support Assad... How can people support ISIS...

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. 5:32

Surely this contradicts both what ISIS and ASSAD are doing and as a muslim you should agree
You are probably best to leave Islam out of this; if you think ISIS/Assad doesn't represent Islam.
[I have also noted, that this verse, as I have mentioned to you earlier is directed towards Israel; and appears to a quotation from the Talmud. Also taken out of context, if you consider 5:33 as well].

This thread is not about whether Islam is a peaceful religion; the question is are we doing enough to stop Islamic extremists: The answer is I suspect is 'no'; not as if we can actually do more anyway.

quote: "Surely this contradicts both what ISIS and ASSAD are doing and as a muslim you should agree"
Obviously they don't (ISIS and Assad) don't think so.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
maybe. more likely Turkish rebels within the country.
It's actually well documented that Turkey is helping rebels in Syria, even going to the extent of helping rebel groups like Al Nusra, Al Qaeda affiliates and ISIS... In return, they have been able to obtain enormous profits from oil revenues and contain a hostile Kurdish population... In fact, Turkish border patrols and intelligence, allowed the mastermind of the recent Paris attacks to cross the border of Turkey and Syria on multiple occasions, but yet, they see a Russian front line bomber as a bigger threat, the question is why? Because Turkey has everything to gain from instability in Syria and Iraq... Those things I mentioned are just the tip of the ice berg... Turkey does not belong in NATO...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)