Islam is my choice, so what does it mean for love...hey they've got a christian one:P (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
this thread sucks

get cancer and die

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
googooloo said:
If you don't want to be here then don't be I didn't force you too.
I do want to be here, I want to be here to tell you to fuck off.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
well asking questions about islam and relationships is just as valid as asking about christianity and relationships.

so.

googooloo

HSC
azzie said:
well asking questions about islam and relationships is just as valid as asking about christianity and relationships.

so.
I wasn't bagging the christian one, i was saying well why not havea muslim one then, to ask those whoa re muslim or know about islam to give theri views on ma situatoin, it's call a plea for help?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread serves no value.

Please close it mods.

googooloo

HSC
ella_fitzgerald said:
googooloo - just elope

thank u now some proper imput, i could i've thought of it, but i can't bring myself to do it, my islamic values won't allow it, u are to honour ur mother and father, for htey gave u life, and u are ot marry on good terms if possible. But how do i tell them what i want, cause i don't want to live in a nasty tension filled household.

I feel i can go to my b/fs house but the place isn't big enough,a dn like i said, my values and teachings are holding me back.

sly fly

HSC
Salam,
Maybe u should consider the reasons why ur parents dont want u to get married. After all, they are older and have more experience with these things. If after careful consideration there is no doubt in your mind that u still want to get married, then I think u should consult a sheikh about it. He will guide you as to the Islamic way of handling the situation. I don't really think any BOSers will be of much more assistance than that. Good luck.
Wasalam

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
googooloo said:
I wasn't bagging the christian one, i was saying well why not havea muslim one then, to ask those whoa re muslim or know about islam to give theri views on ma situatoin, it's call a plea for help?
thats exactly what i meant.
i was talking to jumb.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I don't think you'll find much help with this on BoS.

You should probably know that by now. *points to replies*

P

pLuvia

Dreamerish*~ said:
I don't think you'll find much help with this on BoS.

You should probably know that by now. *points to replies*
yeh hahaha

HSC
googooloo said:
a kafir is an unbeliever
wait, an unbeliever like they're not muslim?
so like.. they dont want you to get married cos you'd be marrying someone else of the islamic faith and living in the islamic way?
cos if so, do you still have to do what they say if they are like... encouraging you to turn from your beliefs?
oh i wish i understood this kafir thing, that would help me give more useless advice to you

sly fly

HSC
Kaffir means infidel. In Islam, a Chrstian or a Jew is not considered a kaffir, however, an athiest/hindu etc is.

From what I gathered ella fitzgerald, she is a Muslim and her parents are not. However, I doubt that them wanting to prevent her from getting married is because he (her potential spouse) would be Muslim (though this could very well be the case). I would think that they probably don't want her to get married because she is too young, not ready etc etc.

Oh and to answer ur q........in Islam, respect for parents is considered of utmost importance. However, if ur parents should ask u to do something that is a sin or against the will of God (eg: steal), then you are to ignore what they say in that matter whilst still respecting them. However, getting married is not obligatory in Islam (though it is highly reccommended) so she wouldn't exactly be doing something against the will of God if she abstained from marriage. However, I'm pretty sure that Islamically ur parents cannot prevent u from getting married without a valid reason. So in this case, she could go against the wishes of her parents and get married if they didn't have a valid reason. Hope that didn't confuse you lol.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
sly fly said:
From what I gathered ella fitzgerald, she is a Muslim and her parents are not. However, I doubt that them wanting to prevent her from getting married is because he (her potential spouse) would be Muslim (though this could very well be the case). I would think that they probably don't want her to get married because she is too young, not ready etc etc.
thats all cool, but wouldnt it be sorta unlikely to be a muslim with non-muslim parents at our sort of age? not impossible by any means, but just, a tad weird (to convert to another religion different to ones parents).

i hope i read it all wrong, lol

googooloo

HSC
braad said:
thats all cool, but wouldnt it be sorta unlikely to be a muslim with non-muslim parents at our sort of age? not impossible by any means, but just, a tad weird (to convert to another religion different to ones parents).

i hope i read it all wrong, lol
I myself know 3 ppl who are of my age and msulim converts. It isn ot werid at all. I htink at any age u can decide what u wish to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)