Islam sexual ethics (1 Viewer)

monzared

HSC
Heyy evry1, i was jus wondering if any1 knows how to approach a question on islamic sexual ethics. its very broad...wot exactly do i need to talk about?
Thanx :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
monzared said:
Heyy evry1, i was jus wondering if any1 knows how to approach a question on islamic sexual ethics. its very broad...wot exactly do i need to talk about?
Thanx :)
Do you have an actual question? (kinda dictates what direction you will be going in!)

Guessing it would be from the syllabus so that would give you an idea

Note that its "ethics" not "ethic" so you need a few examples

But as I said, kinda needs the question to be stated!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
yes ^ our school has just come to the awareness of that plural in the syllabus.

so we'd been focusing on a single example for the whole topic.

ie we need to go redo all the ethics. *sigh*

Lemon-Or-Lime

HSC
well first off you have to understand the difference between ethics and morals. MORALS refer to behaviour and ETHICS refers to the reasoning behind the behaviour.

you have to cover the ethics within Islam (or any tradition for that matter) of marriage, divorce, adultery, celibacy, sex, contraception, abortion and homosexuality.
i may have missed a few, but i think thats the main ones.
also, you should always include variation within the different schools, geographically (ie. wether they live in an Islamic state), culturally, or through time (which is good for showing Islam as a living religious system).

so study all those points and you should be able to mould an answer using the info you've learnt. i don't really know but i guess a question would probably just ask you to describe one or more of those areas with reference to variation, Islam as a living religion or maybe how they express the beliefs of Islam.
always remember to include textual references as well.

yep. hope that helped

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)