Isn't it funny how receiving marks can affect your feelings towards a subject?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Only one I've seen difference in is maths. It's like a confidence booster kind of thing. Throughout year 11 I was just coasting but when it turned out I went really well I decided to actually work a bit more and now I like the feeling of staying ahead of my class. :)

Maddie3

HSC
i cried today as i realised i was so sh*t at englush....

IamSalvidor

HSC
N/A
Well for my chem experience...

I came 2nd in prelim, and I go pretty good at the subject. But there's this idiot in my class who, whenever I go to answer a question, just talks over me. Hes this massive 4U maths nerd (I'm a 4U english nerd) who has some weird desire to reinforce that he is better than the rest of us. Hence I do not like chem because of him. And the idiot is only beating my by like 2%!

End rant.

wLym

HSC
IamSalvidor said:
Well for my chem experience...

I came 2nd in prelim, and I go pretty good at the subject. But there's this idiot in my class who, whenever I go to answer a question, just talks over me. Hes this massive 4U maths nerd (I'm a 4U english nerd) who has some weird desire to reinforce that he is better than the rest of us. Hence I do not like chem because of him. And the idiot is only beating my by like 2%!

End rant.
just beat him over the head with a giant sausage

limbo-gal

HSC
scarybunny said:
If your results give you the opportunity to identify where you went wrong and work towards improvement, you're more likely to invest effort in the subject.

If you just see your results as an indicator that the effort you put in came to nothing, you're not going to work hard to improve it.
Following this point... All English essays at our school have only one thing written on them by the marker: the mark. That's it. How are we ever supposed to know what we did wrong if they don't tell us??

Are all other schools like this...?

solomarc20 said:
Lol, Physics has turned around from the subject that I was definitely going 2 drop 2 the subject that I'm definitely going 2 keep! There's nothing like feeling an entire range of emotions for subjects!
Me too! My teacher was unbelievably shit so I hated Physics and couldn't wait to drop it but then I changed classes and now it's the only subject I ever study for...

Last edited:

Just.Snaz

HSC
Hmm.. well chemistry and bio - stuffed up my ranks but I still enjoy studying them.

3 unit, I will ALWAYS enjoy studying <3

4 unit, if I'm stuck on a question, it's harder to find motivation to move to the next

English.. if it were a guy, I would castrate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)