ISP idea is it feasible? (1 Viewer)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Dragon Fanatic said:
To what extent is Freemasonry a religous society?

Does that comply with the criteria? Is it sweet to do?
my question would be...where does it fit into the ISP criteria/set area's?

cause it isnt non-religion...
Students learn about:
(A) the nature and variety of beliefs of those who do not accept a religious perspective to life
∑ non-religious lifestyles in Australia – possible strands include:
- agnosticism
- atheism
- hedonism
- humanism
- materialism
(B) beliefs which affect the lifestyles of people who do not accept a religious perspective to life
∑ how some of these beliefs influence the everyday lives of believers/adherents
(C) reasons why people follow this belief system
∑ explore the variety of reasons, for example:
- dissatisfaction
- exploration of different ideas.
but at the end of the day, its up to your marker(s) not us...

klaw

HSC
What about mine?
Topic: Religion and the Media

Focus Question: To what extent has the media changed people's points of views on the religion of Islam since September 11? Do Muslims believe these points of views are accurate portrayals of the majority of the Muslim population?

How: Surveys on non-muslims (fellow students, random ppl on the streets, etc) about their views on the religion of Islam before and after 9/11. Then I would interview a muslim (would an authoritative figure be better than a non-authoritative figure? Because I reckon that interviewing a non-authoritative figure would be a more accurate portrayal of the muslim community than an authoritative figure. For example, a Catholic priest may be opposed to contraception and abortion, but the general catholic population may think otherwise. That being said, from a marker's point of view, would it be better to ask an authoritative figure or a non-authoritative figure?)

Any comments/recommendations?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
klaw said:
What about mine?
Topic: Religion and the Media

Focus Question: To what extent has the media changed people's points of views on the religion of Islam since September 11? Do Muslims believe these points of views are accurate portrayals of the majority of the Muslim population?

How: Surveys on non-muslims (fellow students, random ppl on the streets, etc) about their views on the religion of Islam before and after 9/11. Then I would interview a muslim (would an authoritative figure be better than a non-authoritative figure? Because I reckon that interviewing a non-authoritative figure would be a more accurate portrayal of the muslim community than an authoritative figure. For example, a Catholic priest may be opposed to contraception and abortion, but the general catholic population may think otherwise. That being said, from a marker's point of view, would it be better to ask an authoritative figure or a non-authoritative figure?)

Any comments/recommendations?
easy enough to do re resources etc

I would use both authoritive and non-authortive if it were me. I mean..the average person in the street may not have experienced any negative portrayl as they live within an Islamic community (sterotyped I know but you know what I mean) where as an authority figure may have been the focus or target of negative stuff+the authoritive is representative of the community

Go for both...there was something I saw at my father in laws place of Christianity and Islam trying to show that all Muslims are not "bad" (looking at Islam and Terrorism and how they are not related). if I can copy it for you, I will

xx__savannah

HSC
I'm not sure on the Freemasonry. Sounds a bit iffy.

I'm not really sure on what I will end up doing for mine, and my RE teacher is away marking English, so she won't be back for a while, so i can't get her input.
I want to do something on the Papacy, interview people on what qualities they believe a twenty-first century Pope should have, compare and contrast to Benedict, and then look at the Papacy in literature (particularly 'The Third Secret' and Dan Brown books) and how this relates to society's wants. But it's just finding a question that fits it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)