ISP Questions-confucianism (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i'm thinking of doing something about confucianism (specifically jen and chun-tzu) but i really don't know how to structure my question : (

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
split your post from the original so that it may be helpful to others interested in this ISP area.....

*is distracted by your avatar...*

Will think about your question and get back to you as she is too distracting ;)

Best bet is to look at the syllabus for the ISP and base your question on one of the areas with confucianism
ie
(A) the origins and historical development of Confucianism
∑ the teachings of Kung Fu-Tzu (Confucius) as found in the Analects
∑ the teachings of Mencius
∑ the development of Confucianism as a state cult
∑ neo-Confucianism

(B) the interrelationship of beliefs, rituals and practices and the ethical and moral teachings of Confucianism
∑ the Confucian concept of humanity (jen) as the goal of conduct and Way of Heaven
∑ the five relationships
∑ the ideal person (chun-tzu)
∑ correct ritual action (li)

(C) the influence of Confucianism
∑ the relationship to Buddhism and Taoism
∑ the relationship to Chinese religions and culture.

Last edited:

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
yes i've already decided i want to do part B, but do i have to do all 4 dotpoints under (B) or am i able to just focus on one or two?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
virgin^sexy said:
yes i've already decided i want to do part B, but do i have to do all 4 dotpoints under (B) or am i able to just focus on one or two?
Really, its a matter that you should clarify with the marker. I would say that its really doesnt matter as it really depends on your question ie if you are specifically looking at one of the dash points, why bother with the others if they are not related or linked (though it would make sense to talk about all of them)? But, your school may require you to do all points (its not in the syllabus so.....)

Syllabus wise...no, school wise...maybe!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)