ISP - Religion and Literature: Could I do The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? (1 Viewer)

Trinket

HSC
For my ISP I want to focus on the religious symbolism present in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I know that this would fall under Religion and Literature, but I'm not sure which syllabus dot point I could use to formulate a question.

With (A), the dot point is "religious feelings, beliefs and ideas expressed in literature: examples drawn from fiction such as novels, short stories, drama, poetry and film as well as non-fiction such as essays, histories, diaries, films and documentaries."

Can I focus on fiction, or do I have to cover both fiction and non-fiction?

I hate making focus questions... grr. :p

Trinket

HSC
Yeah, as far as I know we have to use the dot points of the ISP categories to make a question. It's the HSC - the syllabus dot points are everything! ;)

xx__savannah

HSC
I didn't know we had dot points for the ISP, though. I guess I hafta wait for the teacher to finish HSC marking.
LOL, I know the dot points are everything, but we have to always be wary of what the examiners do -- this year's Chem HSC wasn't based on regurgitating them, luckily =)

HSC
N/A
xx__savannah - Studies of Religion Syllabus

Scroll down to page 61, which starts with 'Religion and Biography'. Each topic has three 'dot points'.

You basically pick a topic, eg - 'Confucianism' then chose what area you will focus on - A, B or C.

From that A, B or C focus, you construct your focus question.

eg- CONFUCIANISM
C) the influence of Confucianism
• the relationship to Buddhism and Taoism
• the relationship to Chinese religions and culture.

Focus Question-
"Examine the influence of Confucianism on Chinese culture, and it's relationship with the Asian religions of Buddhism and Taoism." (Blergh question that's a bit too vague, but you get my point)

Hope that helps! I'm doing Taoism - and am really enjoying it so far! I've always wanted to study it, but have never really had the drive.... so this is a good excuse to do something I've wanted to do for quite some time. :)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hey,
if all else fails, do C.S.Lewis + Biography, man that'd rock!
C.S.Lewis is an absolute legend and his writings/thesis' on the Christian faith are such great reads, really.. but yeah LWAW is a cool thing to study :) i say, go for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)