ISP - "Religion and the Media" or "Religion and Architecture" (1 Viewer)

frida

I got this ISP religion assignment, and i have been confused on which topic i should choose. Im confused which one i should do, either Religion and the Media, or Religion Architecture....If you can, please suggest which topic you would do. I also need to do a Focus question with one of these topic. If you can, would you pls give me some suggestion on some focus question or any websites or information....thanks heaps...

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i did my ISP on a person and that was easier cos its a lot more specific.. if u can choose to do the media then i take ur studying 1u?
theres a lot of information on the media esp since it was/is part of SOR2 course.. so u can maybe write about the lack of religious articles in mags and newspaper ie insufficient to cater for believers need of updates. and how all that is ever covered are more sensational news such as a homosexual priest or sexual abuse in the church etc.. thats all i can think of at the moment..
good luck :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
religion in the media could also be covered in the muslim coverage due to the sept 11 attacks. you could speak about any beliefs which were reported in the paper which were not true, what was sent up, why it may have been done, why did the media focus the articles on muslims, not simply terrorists? remember that after that muslims even here were attacked by everyday people. i remember listening to a radio where there were some muslims telling their real beliefs, and that al queda (sp) were extremeists.

it would be great if you had done the telling the truth module

although this idea may be a common one

religion and architecture - you could speak about why buildings were formed the way they were e.g. arches (there's a reason for them, they point to the heavans or something?) maybe choose 1 famous building and research that, choose 2 bulidings and compare how they built.

make sure you check your area with your teacher before you start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)