ISP reply (1 Viewer)

NiKiTa

honeslty snapperhead, i didn't know much about malcolm x before i started this ISP.
and yes i understand what your saying - my SOR teacher was actually the one who suggested malcolm x for me to do, and we've only got five interest studies to choose from: biography, architecture, music, ecology and media. is religion & literature another option? perhaps it has been left out in my school...

i'm sticking with malcolm x. i have other assessments to do so i don't really feel like researching a new individual (i prefer biography out of all the options). but i see what you mean, how he may have used religion to further his political ambitions. anyway, i may be able to show that his political achievements were due to his encounter with the NOI (in jail), including how the religion changed him as a person. didn't he reject the NOI and embrace true Islam later on in life? (one of the 5 religious traditions we're meant to focus on)
in my report, i can argue the religious aspects behind malcolm x's intentions. i don't know whether i should ignore or mention his political motivations.

thanx for your reply snapperhead. just out of curiosity... you seem to know a lot about SOR - do you suggest any other 'individuals of faith'. the obvious ones people have come up with are martin luther king, mother theresa and ghandi.
no i've already gone so far, i'll continue with malcolm x. never mind :p. i just hope my religion teacher marks my ISP.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
LOL
Look at my profile or under my name.........

There are 12 or 14 ISP topics all up. Looks like your school is limiting them but hey, you could argue its in the syllabus!!

if your SOR teacher suggested him, I would stick with Malcolm X.
Other individuals amy include Fred Hollows and John Flynn who/which will help you with the Religion in Oz 1901-> unit (why not kill two birds with one stone).
They dont have to be "famous" either for the bibliography so you could do a local personality who is a "character of faith".
Some other options- Geraldine Dougue, Mum Shirl, the priest from Youth off the Streets, the minister who started the Wayside Chapel.....

BTW. There s no need to start a new thread to reply to. Just post it in your original thread!!
:)

NiKiTa

thanx again.
& yeh i know about the reply thing... i tried replying but it didn't let me so i just posted a new thread. i'll try again now to see if it's working...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)