• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel prepares to attack Gaza (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
SMH said:
ISRAELI military officials are preparing for an offensive against Palestinian militants in Gaza if talks to extend a fragile six-month ceasefire with Hamas fail.

The preparations come after the Syria-based leader of Hamas's political wing, Khaled Meshaal, announced there would be no renewal of the truce after it expires on Friday.

"It appears that the agreement will not be renewed after it reaches its end," Mr Meshaal said in a television interview to mark 21 years since Hamas was founded by the radical Muslim cleric Sheik Ahmed Yassin.

The comments appeared at odds with the Hamas leadership in Gaza, which left open the possibility that a new ceasefire could be negotiated.

At a rally of 200,000 people in Gaza on Sunday, the Hamas Prime Minister, Ismail Haniyeh, delivered a critical assessment of the truce. "The truce came upon national reconciliation under Egyptian sponsorship for six months and expires on December 19, and the enemy was supposed to end the siege and open the crossings and then extend it to the West Bank," he said.

"After all these months, the factions here and abroad held meetings to assess the truce and the assessment was negative regarding the position of the Zionist enemy."

There has been an outbreak of fighting in the past month between Hamas militants and Israel. Hamas has fired around 250 Qassam rockets at Israeli towns and cities near Gaza. At least 20 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli return fire.

But Mahmoud Zahar, a senior Hamas leader in Gaza, said Hamas had not made its position final.

Another spokesman, Osama al-Muzaini, said after Mr Haniyeh's speech that Hamas was still negotiating with Israel.

"The lull will not be renewed as long as there is no genuine Israeli commitment to abide by its terms … [but] if the occupier's position changes, it will be studied," he said.

Israeli officials from the Judge Advocate General's Office will discuss this week the legal and international ramifications of an operation in the Gaza Strip with the Attorney-General, Menachem Mazuz.

Israel's Defence Minister, Ehud Barak, wants an extension to the truce and has sent his top aide, Amos Gilad, to Cairo to explore the possibility with Egyptian officials who brokered the last ceasefire agreement.

Israel is anxious to secure the release of the hostage Gilad Shalit, the Israeli soldier who has been held by Hamas in Gaza for more than 900 days.

In return for his release, Hamas has demanded the release of 1000 prisoners being held in Israel. Last night Israel set free 227 Palestinians.

"Israel wants to see calm prevail in the south," said Mark Regev, a spokesman for the Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert.
Israel prepares to attack Gaza - World - smh.com.au

Yes you read it right. After starving, maiming and killing thousands of Gaza citizens (Gazians? Gazazians?) since Hamas was democratically elected in an election Israel itself supported, Israel has decided to attack this fractured region anyway.

You people want to know why peace talks and a two state solution don't/won't work? Look towards the actions of Israel for answers.

Godspeed Mahmoud. Blow these dirty fucking Israelis into the history books and restore peace to the Middle East.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Godspeed Mahmoud. Blow these dirty fucking Israelis into the history books and restore peace to the Middle East.
ROFLMAO.

srsly, Israel is like a scab on your arm...you try to peal it off but it keeps coming back.

edit:
God bless Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!....now build the nuclear bomb.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
srsly, Israel is like the stench of your outside garbage bin. You get rid of the garbage, hose out the filth, let it air BUT THE STENCH REMAINS!

MissSarajevo

HSC
Good. i hope at least 10,000 hamas terrorists are killed in the process.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
srsly speaking. thats slack to the people off gaza. israel truly is the modern day nazi germany.

Last edited:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Hopefully they will cleanse Gaza of the terrorist maggots that infested the territory for too long and turn it into a nice holiday spot for Israeli Soldiers.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
John Oliver said:
I'd say the idiocy of this statement is breathtaking but it has nothing in comparison with your own level of unparalleled idiocy, Khuram.
how so? its the truth. anyways who is this? ari or nolan?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
LOOK OUT IF THERE'S NO MASS GRAVE A COMPARISON CANNOT BE DRAWN!

I think he was alluding to each being responsible for mass violence, genocide (or at least attempted genocide), etc, rather than mass graves or gigantic smokestacks.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
In the spirit of the season, Israel attacked Gaza long ago when recognised terrorist organisation Hamas bombarded her territory with Qassams and Katushyas funded by Iran. When Hamas militants involved themselves in cross border attacks and were fundamental in weapons smuggling.

This is old news. Your Anti-Israel mongering is worn and old and getting fewer posts every day.

People are tired of it. Find something new to do.

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
Every Israel/Palestine thread I've seen here, and elsewhere, is nothing but a hive of scum and idiocy, full of people with very made up minds calling each other Zionists and terrorists.

I acutally have a decently strong opinion on the matter, but the fact is that a forum isn't the place to discuss it. People don't seem to realise they're speaking either to like minded or diametically opposed brick walls, and no one else.

HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
Every Israel/Palestine thread I've seen here, and elsewhere, is nothing but a hive of scum and idiocy, full of people with very made up minds calling each other Zionists and terrorists.

I acutally have a decently strong opinion on the matter, but the fact is that a forum isn't the place to discuss it. People don't seem to realise they're speaking either to like minded or diametically opposed brick walls, and no one else.
blah blah blah. nelson, you make me sick. this is the third or fourth time you have said about your "strong opinion". stfu or tell us your opinion so i can sit back an de-counter every single argument you make.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
John Oliver said:
YOU COMPARED A DEMOCRACY TO A WARMONGERING FASCIST DICTATORSHIP THAT WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS OF TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

Israel may have its flaws but to draw such a comparison is such a gross, gross intellectual failure that anyone who does so has obviously forsaken whatever modicum of humanity or intelligence they ever possessed.
are you chucking a fucking psycho over that comment in another thread. srsly?

rasengan90

HSC
Uuuh give Gaza back to Egypt. The stinking hole is more trouble than it is worth, let their own people deal with them.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
rasengan90 said:
Uuuh give Gaza back to Egypt. The stinking hole is more trouble than it is worth, let their own people deal with them.
i think thats the smartest comment so far. while they are at it, why dont they fucking give all of israel back to the people of gaza. fucking idiot.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Comrade James said:
while they are at it, why dont they fucking give all of israel back to the people of gaza.

Admiral Nelson said:

Gee thanks Admiral go whack off to Dolly magazine now you nimrod.

jsbithy

HSC
N/A
Trolls......................... PUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)