• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ISYS 123 semester 1 (1 Viewer)

aus_peter2005

HSC
Does anyone know whether the day classes (lectures, ect) for ISYS 123 are full or are there still places left??

THX

kevinant

HSC
hmm If you are doing Actuarial/App. Finance, I don't think you need to do ISYS unit in first year... I don't know what made you enrol in that unit (there is a recommended program intake, did you read it?)

McKain

HSC
Does anyone know if the isys123 textbook is essential and what's the failure rate of this unit for last year?

aus_peter2005

HSC
well I need to do one comp1xx or isys1xx unit in 2nd year and i thought that i just moved it to 1st year so that i can concentrate on 2nd year stuff and have more time.

today the lecturer told us that isys123 is the easiest course in macquarie university, but he also said that it's the hardest course to pass, since everyone does well in the course..as for the textbook...he said today that if you don't understand something on the lecture notes then you can refer to the textbook as the lecture notes are like summaries

*hopeful*

HSC
u dont need the text book, you'll understand most of the lecture notes on their own, do the tute work and use the book in the library if u need it, thats my opinion anyway

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
^ agreed, i was looking over the notes and the textbook myself and the slides have most of the info. The textbook just goes into more detail.

but it does look so nice and shiny... :p

aileenli

HSC
Apparently they've made it harder so that it doesn't look like a "Mickey Mouse" subject :S I wish I did it last sem...

Anyway, what do you reckon the lecturer meant when he said "to get a HD you've got to know isys better even than me?"

Personally, I think he comes across as a bit of a wanker with a huge ego problem.

yehriteo

drop out
HSC
I got a distinction in this subject last semester without going to any lectures or reading the textbook. I only completed the prac and tute work and read the lecture slides.
I've had primary school tests harder than the final exam. That being said there were some questions in the final about advanced Excel and Access code which weren't covered at all in the course which is why it's so hard to get a HD.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
aileenli said:
Apparently they've made it harder so that it doesn't look like a "Mickey Mouse" subject :S I wish I did it last sem...

Anyway, what do you reckon the lecturer meant when he said "to get a HD you've got to know isys better even than me?"

Personally, I think he comes across as a bit of a wanker with a huge ego problem.
Heheh that guy is actually pretty funny.... the lectures are actually non-boring.

Were you there when he teased a student that failed and repeated the course?

:wave:

VLTURBO

HSC
Hahaha it was pretty funny... he picked on that whole corner.... not sitting there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)