IT Camp 2010 (1 Viewer)

Rennycoffee

HSC
I got an email saying:

Please be advised that O-camp is a compulsory. All recent school leavers starting an Engineering or IT degree must attend. The camp forms an integral component of Stage 1 of the course and there will be no other opportunity to catch up on the material covered.

Regarding this, am I still right in saying that I wont get my ass handed to me when I start at UTS (finished HSC in 2009) even if i dont go to the camp? and that this email is just something they say (but wont really care if you dont go)?

Last edited:

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
I got an email saying:

Please be advised that O-camp is a compulsory. All recent school leavers starting an Engineering or IT degree must attend. The camp forms an integral component of Stage 1 of the course and there will be no other opportunity to catch up on the material covered.

Regarding this, am I still right in saying that I wont get my ass handed to me when I start at UTS (finished HSC in 2009) even if i dont go to the camp? and that this email is just something they say (but wont really care if you dont go)?
This has been covered quite thoroughly in the thread. To reiterate, going to the camp will not put you behind in the course. You don't start any subjects. They cover university guidelines and policies, as well as general uni life.

spoonbender

HSC
Thanks Makro and tehpyro. :) Sorry, I'm just a sucker for the rules, even if they are stupid. But yeah, I'll make sure I bring a book or something just in case. (Bet you can't tell I'm a little on the antisocial side).

And I wish they would cut the bs and just say it's not compulsory instead of throwing all these vague, important-sounding words at us like "Stage 1" to try and convince us that we have to go.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I'm going because Centrelink is paying. My friend is going also, so lucky me.

A-Drew

HSC
To all the guys going, will you guys be bringing your stuff in a luggage or in the average size backpack like what they recommended because i dont fink i will be able to everything into a backpack from looking at their list of essential items. not that im gonna bring everything on the list but its gonna be hard trying to fit everything im bringing.

Last edited:

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Ahh, what the fuck. How do we bring a sleeping bag + pillow with no room? Am I supposed to lug a pillow and sleeping on the train and then into the city?

azn_satans

HSC
the weather is 25+ on all days according to the news.com.au weather.. so.. why do we need blankets again? gonna be hot? just a jacket would be enough

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
I don't want tooooooooo.
That's gay, as if they can't provide beds or something.

azn_satans

HSC
bro, for a $90 camp in my experience from year 7... the CABINS not rooms.. are gonna be like.. bad.. as in dirty beds and stuff.. so i would rather sleep on top of my sleeping bag than sleep on a bed with stains on it ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)