IT careers (1 Viewer)

HSC
are there any IT professionial jobs out there like programming or web page designing company things? if there are, where can i go to relating to work experience/holiday work to get to know that career? any ideas:confused:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
are there any IT professionial jobs out there like programming or web page designing company things? if there are, where can i go to relating to work experience/holiday work to get to know that career? any ideas:confused:
In honesty, you wouldn't want to go to any of the normal computing companies it's as stupid as could be, they won't give u the real hands on experience, not for you, maybe just data entry, etc.. and doing very basic data inputs, other than that nope, unless your experienced in programming in for SQL , C++ , or any other form of recognised web language, Perl, PHP, etc.. they might let you show off your skills, but if your thinking about Frontpage or just HTML, i don't think so. Is this for school, or just out of your own enjoyment?

HSC
there's no more work experience at my school (unless you're doing industry study) cause of the school being too cheap for us. but i really want to work somewhere during the holidays that can give me some experience to what work is like in some area. at the moment, i want to do something related to computers but my comp teacher told me there aren't much jobs left. now i'm regretting the idea of choosing ipt because of the lack of computer jobs.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
there's no more work experience at my school (unless you're doing industry study) cause of the school being too cheap for us. but i really want to work somewhere during the holidays that can give me some experience to what work is like in some area. at the moment, i want to do something related to computers but my comp teacher told me there aren't much jobs left. now i'm regretting the idea of choosing ipt because of the lack of computer jobs.
IPT is good, don't worry, it's handy for some knowledge, do whatever you like, all my UNI PREFS are computer subjects even though the IT career prospect isnt too healthy, but there's still a chance, if ur passionate about it then do it, your computers teacher?, is it the one my cousin talks about the azn guy thats full fobish? lol

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
2 b honest i don't think they wud hire hsc students

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
2 b honest i don't think they wud hire hsc students

But hey if you got the knowledge, why wouldn't they?, since it's cost free :D

Actuarial Boy
HSC
chooose a hsc student or some1 with real experience working in that field... ?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
chooose a hsc student or some1 with real experience working in that field... ?
ryan i think you've just never been able to find one, but please don't decrease peoples hopes, i have two friends who got a job at a computer store, they're just a little better than me with hardware that's all, there is still vacant places for students work at.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Getting a job at a computer store is really easy but getting a job as a programmer you either have to know the guy your working for personally or have atleast a few years experience in programming, which i doubt any HSC student has (no i dont mean doing SDD or programming at home). :p

Winston

HSC
It wouldnt be hard if u had quite a nice portfolio of work, and past written programs that are really designed well and nice, the employer might even beg for u

Actuarial Boy
HSC
ryan i think you've just never been able to find one, but please don't decrease peoples hopes, i have two friends who got a job at a computer store, they're just a little better than me with hardware that's all, there is still vacant places for students work at.
we r talking about web design / programming here :p

where there are a hell of a lot more ppl in this field looking for a job :p

i guess it CUD b possible to get a job as hsc student but like yeah...

but getting a job as a programmer you either have to know the guy your working for personally
i did a small thing in designing a hospital in HK a touchscreen drug information centre website... the onli way i got to do it was thru my aunty who is the manager there ... i also did some little presentations on how to use dreamweaver so some of the staff cud update the page easily

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
It wouldnt be hard if u had quite a nice portfolio of work, and past written programs that are really designed well and nice, the employer might even beg for u

lol, depends how impressive....
I got a portfolio, but I don't think it would be impressive enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)