IT (combined degree) Orientation Camp 2005???? (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
whats with this camp. i knwo too meet people and that, but i didnt know we had a camp.

well sounds alright i guess.

why is it only IT and combined degree students who are going, i am doing B business B computing so i got the letter in the mail.

tell me if yuor also doing this course and going to camp or if u got the mail too.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Yes, its an "IT Orientation Camp", thus anyone doing a subject IT related will/should be going.

A couple of my friends and I have also recieved the letter in the mail and according to them, it's compulsorary for all full-time students, unless of course, you are granted permission not to go.

Munchy

HSC
Yup, I got the letter too today. This camp run by the IT faculty makes it sound like the uni staff don't reckon we can make friends or something... I mean how many other facultys run camps? *lol* :p

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
awesome. well i hoep to meet new peopel who will be studying with me.

i recon this camp will be awesome, all we need is a flusk of beam , some top music and booya , the camp will be like those summer camps in america.

tell me whos in with the idea

lil_ms_sneeky

Beautiful Disaster
HSC
I didn't even know uni's had camps loL! but its a good idea. kinda like how my old skool had, for starting year 11. getting to know stuff etc etc.

hey SashatheMan, i'm doing B Business B Computing too :). got the letter today :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yeh i tihnk its a cool idea

lil_ms_sneeky are u a girl?? i am wondinering how many girls are doing the course i am doing.

and those orientation photos from 2004 look wierd. u cant enlarge them ,and there is hardly any. does anyone else have photos from past year orientation days?

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
At UTS, the IT, Law and Engineering faculties organisation an orientation camp each year. The cam is your introduction to uni and your faculty, so basically the camp covers most of your orientation stuff, hence you don't have to much during o-week, unless you want to of course.

The IT camp is aimed to full time students (mostly the recent school leavers), though the non-recent school leavers and part-time students are welcome to attend. The letters were sent out to anyone doing a course in the IT faculty (so any course listed under the IT section of the handbook http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au ). So thats pretty much BScIT, BScIT Innovation, BBus/BComp, BIT and the BScIT combined degrees with Law and International Studies. The BMathComp students may also attend as well.

The purpose of the camp is to mainly introduce you to uni life and get you to meet some older students and staff members who will be teaching you. Most of the camp, however, it mostly free time and team activities to help you meet other students and make some new friends. I highly recommend this camp, as its a great way to make new friends and once you start uni on the 28th of February, you will already someone and have people to sit with in the lectures. It is a lot easier to meet new people this way than at uni in lectures, especially if you are shy.

Hope this helps!

Munchy

HSC
Oh I see now... yeah, I'm looking forward to the camp. Who's up for poker? Strip poker... *lol* only joking. :D

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Munchy said:
Oh I see now... yeah, I'm looking forward to the camp. Who's up for poker? Strip poker... *lol* only joking. :D
hmm with the abondance of weener on this camp, iam out of this game.

lil_ms_sneeky

Beautiful Disaster
HSC
SashatheMan said:
lil_ms_sneeky are u a girl?? i am wondinering how many girls are doing the course i am doing.
yeps im a chick :) lol hence the "ms" in my nick haha.

i'm looking forward to this camp now.... before i was scared crap but im over it lol

smallcattle

HSC
Panda Bear said:
there are no science camps..

but why are you asking? you don't even do any science related courses
isnt b of maths and computing owned by science faculty now?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
does anyone know if any international students go to this camp.

and who here is going to the camp and doesnt know anyone else who goes to UTS, cuase i am in that position.

Munchy

HSC
SashatheMan said:
does anyone know if any international students go to this camp.

and who here is going to the camp and doesnt know anyone else who goes to UTS, cuase i am in that position.
I'll be going to the camp and I don't know anyone else doing bus/comp. A friend of mine will be doing a design course at UTS and I think another friend will be doing bus/law there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)