IT Course at MQ (1 Viewer)

wisamrulez

HSC
Hey,

How is the IT course at MQ?, is it a good course for networking? how is the maths?

Im tossing up between MQ and UWS

Cheers

ippie

HSC
Knowingnothing said:
How is IT? It looks like theres a lot of Maths involved.
Only have to do 2 units, one 100 level and one 200 level.

the 100 level one is equivalent to 3U maths i think?

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Probably something they're interested in?

I'd be interested in doing IT @ Macq. but not too interested in doing a lot of programming and maths.

ippie

HSC
Knowingnothing said:
Probably something they're interested in?

I'd be interested in doing IT @ Macq. but not too interested in doing a lot of programming and maths.

Well then. IT course = 2 programming subjects in first year - both C++ and 2 more in 2nd year (I think C++ and Java) and more in 3rd year? (I'm not sure about 3rd year lol, haven't checked it out properly yet) and 2 maths subjects, one in first year and another in 2nd year

HSC
Knowingnothing said:
You've got several networking units, such as COMP247 (Data Communications), COMP347 (Computer Networks) and ELEC345 (Communication Networks) which you can pick for electives, seeing the IT degree requires a fair few. There's a bit of programming to do (COMP115 is a breeze... 125, not so much), but there's also a fair bit of system design and analysis.

Only 2 math units though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)