It @ uts 2019 (1 Viewer)

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
@ hsc class of 2018

Congrats on all of your hard work and success and get keen for uni, it's gonn be l i t

If you're thinking of heading to UTS and doing a degree in IT, or got an offer for BIT co-op, hmu famm if you need any help or advice, I'll be free to help out any time.

Robrules3

HSC
Do you think the 1 year intersnhip at the end of UTS software engineering degree is worth it? I feel like an extra year of possible unpaid internship just to finish a degree is quite a waste of time when the USYD degree is only 4 years compared to UTS (5). Could you offer advice on whether software engineering degree is best at UTS??

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think the 1 year intersnhip at the end of UTS software engineering degree is worth it? I feel like an extra year of possible unpaid internship just to finish a degree is quite a waste of time when the USYD degree is only 4 years compared to UTS (5). Could you offer advice on whether software engineering degree is best at UTS??
I'm incredibly biased toward UTS so I'm probably the worst person to ask :')

Also, the 5 year degree is only when you include the Diploma of Prof Practice. There's also a 4 year version!

https://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/find-a-course/bachelor-engineering-honours

I think the Software Engineering degree at UTS is pree decent, maybe try comparing the course structures Usyd vs UTS (under Software Engineering major section) to see which one you prefer.

Last edited:

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
I'm incredibly biased toward UTS so I'm probably the worst person to ask :')

Also, the 5 year degree is only when you include the Diploma of Prof Practice. There's also a 4 year version!

https://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/find-a-course/bachelor-engineering-honours

I think the Software Engineering degree at UTS is pree decent, maybe try comparing the course structures Usyd vs UTS (under Software Engineering major section) to see which one you prefer.

Im pretty sure they dont allow domestic students to do just the bachelor of engineering(honours), so basically every domestic student has to do that 1 year internship. Unless your doing a double degree with engineering which is 5years i think normally. I also checked on the uac preferences and they dont have just bachelor of engineering(honours).

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 4.58.57 pm.png

I feel they should allow the bachelor of engineering(honours) for domestic students, but i guess uts boast about their industry links so they have to show they are distinct from others uni's and are taking it seriously by making you do the 1 year internship.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
Im pretty sure they dont allow domestic students to do just the bachelor of engineering(honours), so basically every domestic student has to do that 1 year internship. Unless your doing a double degree with engineering which is 5years i think normally. I also checked on the uac preferences and they dont have just bachelor of engineering(honours).

View attachment 34722

I feel they should allow the bachelor of engineering(honours) for domestic students, but i guess uts boast about their industry links so they have to show they are distinct from others uni's and are taking it seriously by making you do the 1 year internship.
That's strange, a few of my friends transferred from the 5 year degree to the 4 year degree and they're all domestic students.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
o lmao nvm

I realised the site says 'This course is only offered to new international students. Local students in an existing UTS course may be able to transfer into it.' lmfao wtf

but yeah it's stupid bc lots of ppl have so much trouble trying to find internships that they end up transferring/making it a double degree just to avoid it smh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)