Fletch

HSC
I just started year 12 and Im doing the following subjects:

Adv. English
Gen Maths
IPT
Software Design & Development
IT

Even if i go good in all my subjects.....my IPT teacher said that i will get a crap UAI because of IT......how much does it bring your UAI down by?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Define "crap UAI".

You'll also need to tell us whether IT is Industrial Technology or Information Technology.

Fletch

HSC
crap UAI = <80

And its Information Technology, as this thread is in the Information Technology thread....well i hope so :eek: haha

Yeah so basically say if I got 90% in all my subjects for the HSC, would IT and Gen maths put my UAI below 80 even though I do SDD, Adv English and IPT?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Oh yes, that would make sense.

No - scoring 90s in any combination of courses would all but guarantee you a non-crap UAI.

Muck around with SAM to see the contribution that IT might make towards your UAI.

The closer you are to the top of a course, the less you are affected by its scaling.

lil_emm

HSC
Fletch said:

Adv. English
Gen Maths
IPT
IT

Even if i go good in all my subjects.....my IPT teacher said that i will get a crap UAI because of IT......how much does it bring your UAI down by?
he he he. i do those exact same subjects. it shouldn't. if you get a high score in everything else. your mark won't be effected at all.

santaslayer

HSC
Fletch said:
crap UAI = <80

And its Information Technology, as this thread is in the Information Technology thread....well i hope so :eek: haha

Yeah so basically say if I got 90% in all my subjects for the HSC, would IT and Gen maths put my UAI below 80 even though I do SDD, Adv English and IPT?
hmmm...comming first in a few of those subjects would guarantee you an uber-UAI. :uhhuh:

(you already got 90% so comming first isnt too far away)

cerebrum

HSC
Fletch said:

Adv. English
Gen Maths
IPT
IT

I fear the same thing. I'm doing well in my other subjects however IT isn't really a subject I can sit down and confidently study. It will definitely drag my UAI down and infortunately for me I'm aiming in the 90's or at least the high 80's

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
Hey Fletch,

Dont worry about getting a 'crap UAI'. If you can get yourself in that Band 6 for IT (or for that matter any subject) there is no way you could possibly get a UAI less than 80. Yes even if you get in Band 6 for IT and assuming you get at least average bands for the rest of your courses I cant see how your UAI could be bad.

What is important is that you try your hardest and dont be discouraged about the UAI and IT. I came first in IT in 2004 (not lying....email me for confirmation if you want it). I got 93.50 which was more than what I needed to get into Computer Science at pretty much any major university in the country.

Just do your best and study, and you will reap your just rewards for your efforts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)