Italian bill to castrate rapists (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
they should castrate them then throw it on the road - Lorraina Bobbet style

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't think Castrating rapists is going far enough, how's bout people who don't pay speeding fines?
lol cut off there legs so they cant accelerate

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The Chinese Government is getting a lot of bad press in the Chinese Media about the man who was executed for murder, only to have the "victim" turn up years later perfectly alive. Castration is not only irreversible, it's going to change the way the person will think, feel and act. How can you repay somebody their manhood once you've taken it away? And the fact is that many of the rapists convicted probably aren't even guilty.

Kittycat

HSC
Xayma said:
I'm against it, possibly if it was only used on serial rapists (of multiple women) purely to stop any vendettas from women. There have been numerous cases where men have been convicted purely on a woman's testimony, even if there was no DNA evidence to link the man.
not every case can provide DNA evidence, yes, I do realised that some cases there are lies involved in the testimonies but just because there is not DNA link to the man also doesn't mean that the guy didn't do it.

Phanatical said:
The Chinese Government is getting a lot of bad press in the Chinese Media about the man who was executed for murder, only to have the "victim" turn up years later perfectly alive.
Actually, that guy wasnt executed, he was on death row!

Phanatical said:
And the fact is that many of the rapists convicted probably aren't even guilty.
What? You got to be kidding me! Yes, there are people who has been convicted that is not guilty but many? I don't think so. Few? yes, many ? No!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
spell check said:
what happens when ten years later someone else confesses to the rape and you've already maimed an innocent person?
chemical castration.. freeze ure sperm.. get lots of compensation?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Kittycat said:
not every case can provide DNA evidence, yes, I do realised that some cases there are lies involved in the testimonies but just because there is not DNA link to the man also doesn't mean that the guy didn't do it.
DNA doesn't mean he did do it either. You don't have consenual DNA which is left behind after consenual sex and raping DNA which is left behind after a rape.

"Date rape" can often be a hazy area, with the raping partner not knowing that it was not consented. Also alcohol can lower the inhibitions and what was consensual may not be remembered that way.

Tell me would you support giving hormones to the Norwegian woman recently convicted of rape to lower her sex drive?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i'm not sure what i think of this, i'm sure i'm against it but i have some personal issues which kinda make me go "yesss"

out of interest does anyone support it in the case of people such as bilal skaf? its been absolutely proved beyond any reasonable levels of doubt that he's guilty of raping a number of girls many times.

at the end of the day i oppose the death penalty cosi think it's inhumane and has too much potential to be used erroneously and wrongly so i think i reject this on the same grounds

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There's no general hatred of women. Just that in MANY cases (yes, there are lots of cases where this happens), people are convicted on no more than a vengeful woman's testimony.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
you don't know shit. most rapists get away scot free because it's so difficult to prove and since the majority of victims know their attackers and may even have previously had sexual relations with them, they fall victim to the societal value 'if she slept with him once she shouldn't care about doing it again' etc etc.
the percentage of rapists actually convicted on a "vengeful woman's testimony" is miniscule.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I'm similar to Erin. Taking away somebody's crown jewels is a big thing. But I think in the end raping somebody is bigger.

Multiple offenders is probably a good idea. But remember that just one offence is will scar a victim for life.
i agree that once is all it takes, but like i said because there's so many issues similar to the death penalty, ultimately i can't support it. i don't support the death penalty and to support this purely on the basis of my own issues would be hypocritical.

another question for people - what about child molestors? issues of consent are generally a lot more cut and dry there and i don't think anyone here disagrees that it's one of the most if not THE most disgusting crime out there

kaylz

HSC
Apparently castration doesn't actually stop the offending. It's about control. Sometimes it's not even sexual.

kaylz

HSC
Wait, that's really dumb. Rape is always sexual. I read an article somewhere about the urges that these rapists experience, and castration doesn't lessen the effects. In fact, in some cases, it's seen them build up more of a desire for it.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
rape is NOT always sexual. the sexuality of rape is a symptom of the issues at play, not the disease itself. you were right the first time around re: control.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i think we should also cut off people's hands for stealing

ism

HSC
N/A
A Lobotomy for everyone with a criminal record!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh please, those are such erroneous comparisons. you're both idiots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)