Italian Continuers (1 Viewer)

david1

HSC
N/A
Ciao ciao
As for the exam....okay i guess...missed a few details in the listening...bugger!!!...but think i made up for it in reading and responding. as for writing, i didnt get to check through them as much as i would have like to make sure there was no stupid mistakes but regardless...i think it was fine.no stupid mistakes but regardless...i think it was fine.

how did u all do.....and what r ur plans for ur knowledge of italian in the future?

cesca6

HSC
The exam was not that bad but i didn't really like listening. Its my weakest part, but above all pretty happy.
Im not sure if imgoing to use italian in the future, i want to maybe to work in an international business but i will see where it takes me. I definetely don't want to forget about it though.

toohot2handle

HSC
Yeah the exam was pretty easy I thought - much easier than the trials especially the listening. The comprehension was pretty easy but the Reading and Responding Part B (15marks) was a bit ify if you know what I mean. It was quite different to previous years where we just responded to personal emails or letters about friends/family/holidays/future etc. The writing tasks were again ok - they weren't too hard. I did the one about pretending you're an Italian exchange student who went on an outing in Australia for the 6mark question and my hopes and fear for the future after uni when I enter the working world for the 9mark. What about you guys??

cadylayne

HSC
Hi everyone

I thought the exam was much better than the trial. I just had the same recurring problem with listening that I never have enough time to write between items. It wasn't too bad overall, my weakest point is definitely writing. I found the comprehensions pretty much ok, they could have been worse! I chose the exchange student question and the world of work one.

cadylayne

david1

HSC
N/A
chose the exhange student question and then the year 12 formal one - I just blubbered about how important the formal is - to spend time with firends, teachers and family to reminisce of the past ! ! ! ! YES A LOT OF BULLSHIT ! ! !
ah well im glad its over....although it is pretty weird knowing that i will prob never study it again...i mean i put four years of my life into this subject!!!!!! At least ive always got my Nonna to talk to so I can retain most of my speaking and listening abilities...I'm also considering a big trip to Italy soon....Ive already been twice but this time I really want to get into the culture ie. Stay for a substantial period of time.
Beh...Italiano e una bella lingua...Tutto siamo fortunati ! ! ! !
bit of trivia for you all..........Did u know that italian is the second most spoken language in Australia other than english ? ? ? ? ? See..it may really come in handy one day!!!!

Princesa

HSC
Hi everyone - just to let u all know i don't do italian and i am just writing what my twin sista is dictating to me.
~
she thought it was awesome, especially the listening which is her favourite - she thought the people who spoke in the tape were very clear. She did the world of work and student exchange questions. She has no plans whatsoever to use italian in her future (unless a holiday to Rome is included in her future - which i highly doubt) and only took the subject cos it would help with her portuguese (which is also, personally, the reason i took it and ultimately dropped it.) LOL
~

although i don't do italian anymore, i did it for three years so all the best to you all. i know you did great!

sarah89

HSC
possibly the easiest exam ever. just as good as the trial, and i got 92 in that :)
listening was a gift, my entire class walked out and just grinned after it, and none of us are even italian. made a mistalke and said the anti-consumerism club ofered free tshirts but hey you get that.
reading and responding part a- awesome. bit harder than the trial but so easy to read
as for part b- so much better than an email, only had to read the passage for like 2 minutes and knew what to write. used all the tenses except passato remoto
and yeah reading writing i did australia day for six marks, and future work for 9 marks.
italian gets scaled well right?? im pretty sure everyone in my class would have gotten above 80, highest mark probably around 95 or so.
anyone do italian extension??

toohot2handle

HSC
Yeah i so agree - the listening was a gift compared to what we were given in the Trials. I got 92/100 for the trials as well - 20/20 for conversation, 24/25 for comprehension, 15/15 fore reading and responding part B, 5/6 and 8/9 for my writing tasks. The only section that i lost a lot of marks in was the listening - 20/25. But this time the listening was much easier so fingers crossed.......And yeah - i do Italian Extension. Wat about it??

Last edited:

sarah89

HSC
wow 20/20 for conversation thats awesome.
screwed up my hsc conversation but...i try not to think about it :S
italian extension...you doing the film??? im just hoping itll be a good paper, howd you go in the trial?? i screwed up mny speaking for trials, only got 5/10 but improved for hsc i think.
good luck hey :)
anyone planning on doing italian at uni?????

cadylayne

HSC
I'm accelerated and won't be going to uni until 2008 but I'm hoping to include italian at uni, although I don't think they'll allow it in a Bachelor of Music Performance! I screwed up my trial a little although luckily it didn't wreck my ranking. My class is freakishly good, I'm through the Open High School. Top Mark was 99 and I'm coming 7th. I got 20/20 for speaking in trial and half yearly but I don't think I did as well in the hsc. I'm just praying I get Band 6 so I don't have to repeat the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)