Italian contributions (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
Could anyone help me with this section of the syllabus? I have info. on the houses of pompeii project, the pompeian forum project, the insula of menander project and the Anglo-American project but all of these are funed by international uni's.
Are there any Italian projects or are we just meant to talk about the actual sites and how they are run?

any help would be great cause i'm stumped!

tamorapierce13

warning: errant mind
HSC
You can mention how the Italian government gave the arcaeological supervisor of Pompeii supreme financial autonomy (and how that resulted in money from tourists being spent on conservation and reconstruction).

Oh, also, an Italian team headed by Maria Rosaria Borriello re-examined the construction history of the sites and established the position and alignment of properties. They basically charted the damage of the earthquake.

sly_skittle

HSC
thanks a lot! i just found some stuff on Maria Rosaria Borriello and i hadn't even thought to include the 1997 law in this section, i had it under tourism. Thanks again that should be enough for a question cause they would only join it with international contributions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)