Italian Extension (1 Viewer)

cesca6

HSC
Well how did you like the exam? Did everyone find it easy... and oh did you study the film or the novel?

I did the film version and overall the exam was pretty challenging. And I absolutely detested the last etended response question 5 and 6. I choose 5, a lot of rubbish was written

Freya06

HSC
hey i totally agree the extended response killed me but i did question 6 (why? WHY??) i crapped on alot... i also did the film. the questions were ok but i, again, crapped on about pretty much nothing. i found it a challenging paper.

hope you did alright everyone. xx

tee-tahlia

HSC
ewww freya you smell hahahaha.
anyway, yeah freya and i did the film and i actually found it ok!
and i chose question 5 and i had HEAPS to say!! although i crapped on a bit.. just said that i did volunteer work in a nursing home etc etc.

toohot2handle

HSC
Hey i also did the film but i kinda predicted that the gym scene would come up because the other scenes were done to death like martino's suicide, Alex & Aidi breakup etc. I knew it would be something like that because the scene is kinda important and there's lots to say.

The diary entry was pretty easy and we only had to compare Aidi's and Alex's home environment - including parents of course - the mother of Aidi versus the parents of Alex and i also managed to talk about the difference between Alex's and Aidi's home- lei abita in campagna dove tutto e' calmo e tranquillo. Infatti la sua casa e' vicina un monastero - che bello e speciale! etc,

The essay questions as you guys have said are kinda ify and i avoided question b). or 6 like the plague cos its a double barrel question where you had to talk about two things - adolescents being flexible and the changing society. Icky.

I chose 5 instead but i argued and went against the question. as it was a response to a newspaper article, i said that the question was basically flawed and wrong. How is it possible for adolescents to create a caring society when we don't even live in one? Its naive to think that adolescents can create a better society when they are faced with so many problems in life - i said that the editor of the newpaper article was not in touch with the issues of adolescece - how can we create a more caring society when we live in a consumerist world were everything has a monetary value attached and where only material goods are seen the measure of success. How can we be be caring?? Its not possible for young people to create a caring society when parents expect so much from thier kids and where theye are often not caring about thier personal dreams or ideas so its wrong to expect adolescents to be caring. Absolutely wrong. Above all, the group - yes the group may seem caring as it is a punto di sostegno and all that crap but at the end of the day - its all about CONFROMITY so how can we create a caring society when we can't even find our true identity. Finally, adults are our models but when they are not caring how can we be caring?? We are destroying the environment, we forget about old people and above all, we go to war and destroy each other in the name of patriotism and 'war against terror - la guerra del medio oriente (the war in the Middle East)- that's not being caring! If adults can't be caring, who are you (the editor) to expect us to be caring and create a caring society? - the question which you ask is totally flawed and out of touch with the problems of young people.

Remember its about how well you argue your point in Italian - regardless of what side you take lol

Last edited:

sarah89

HSC
It was a fair exam. The film questions were quite good, loved the visual imagery question, pretty happy with that
part b was great. i compared both their physical home environment, and their emotional-relationships with the families. i liked it.
haha extended response i immediatley chose (a) i didnt even understand how id answer the other one, no idea.
good idea arguing we dont live in a caring society. mine pretty much just followed the line that the youth of today are in fact more aware and more accepting, care for the environment, not as bigoted as generations preceding it, and so they can lead by example to create a more caring society. also mentioned the fact that society today isnt that caring, pollution, war etc, and so the youth can lead by example and teach the rest of society to become more caring for the benefit of future generations.
hope i go well. it gets scaled well, right?

cesca6

HSC
toohot2handle, that is a very interesting analogy that you choose for your response to question 6. As you said it does not matter which side you take but how well you present your idea however, personaly i believe that your approach will stand out to the markers. Good on you for thinking outside the square!

toohot2handle

HSC
Yeah thanx guys don't worry italian extension scales up VERY well ok sarah - italian continuers also scales up quite well. It will probably be included in your UAI calculation even if you do more than 10 units

toohot2handle

HSC
hey Sarah u live in Lismore right? Did u go there for your Italian Continuers or Italian extension oral exam? I know the marker who went there. Shes my teacher. Did u have a woman with dark hair but with a white streak on her hair??

sarah89

HSC
haha no thats not my teacher. my teachers blonde and the other teacher has brown hair. but yes i do live in lismore. and went for both oral exams italian ext. and italian continuers.
if the marker you know mentions the girl who cried after her continuers exam, thats me. lol. probably the worst exam ive ever done.

toohot2handle

HSC
Nah my teacher said the students were pretty good and shes a hard marker lol she thought you guys were pretty original - better than the city folks haha she didnt mention any crying girls lol

sarah89

HSC
lol i still maintain it was pretty bad....bad enough to make me not move off the couch all weekend. haha. kinda lame.
how'd you find italian extension speaking??

toohot2handle

HSC
Yeah the questions were kinda challenging - question 1 was - technology and encroaching privacy etc. I did 2 and 3 - 2 wasn't too bad just about conformity and how society doesn't incourage individuality - q3 was ify - something about multiculturalism and how it hard for young people from different backgrounds to fit in - it wasn't too bad - i was so nervous and i could hear myself repeating myself and so many words. I mean i knew the stuff but i just found it kinda challenging expressing myself in italian in those conditions. Conversation exam is better cos its much more relaxed and u don't have to listen to yourself for two minutes rambling on....

sarah89

HSC
definetley i so prfer the conversations.
lol yeah i looked at the technology question and ignored it.
i did 2 and three. my argument was pretty much two points.
i told the marker to sit there and preted she was interested lol just to not put me off
but yeah i was nervous as hell. not as bad as continuers for some reason but hmm.
im just hoping for about 7. that would make me that happy.

toohot2handle

HSC
Yeah - Italian extension scales pretty well so im sure we'll probably get in Band 6 (fingers crossed). How many people do Italian extension at your school? We had 7 to start off with! Then like after 2 lessons a guy dropped both continuers and extension which is very good cos he is so crap and he would pull our scaling down. Then this other guy quit extension but he still did continuers and bottomed the assessments lol Then another guy dropped it like in Term I even though he was pretty good - he came third in assessments. Then finally before the HSC, another guy who wasn't bad - he was actually pretty good at Italian also dropped it. Leaving only 3 guys in the class including me. Well at least scaling would be good cos we're the best three haha......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)