Italian (1 Viewer)

alessandra

HSC
Italian (WHAT A GOOD EXAM)

ciao ragazzi come va?
allora adesso sto facendo un 'writing task' e ho gia realizato che non posso scrivere per nulla! ho voluto comincare il ""tread for the italian hsc'
spero che non sia troppo duro e che la faciamo con facilita!

spero che la scrittura sia un buon soggetto e che possiamo espandere!

allora devo andare a studiare ma in bocca a lupo e parlero domani, spero che sia positivo!
ciao!

BEST EXAM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

belleree98

E stata veramente fantastico non? Secondo me, e stata l'esame piu facile del mondo!

Sono contentissma con l'ascolto (per fortuna) e anche la comprehensione

Inolte la scrittura e stata facilissima!

veronique <3

HSC
Si anche io.... l'esame stata magnifica (beg.)...l'ascolto stato un po' difficile..ma non male...e la comprehensione stata facile....sn.veremente allegra che c'e finito!
viva italia=)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
veronique <3 said:
Si anche io.... l'esame stata magnifica (beg.)...l'ascolto stato un po' difficile..ma non male...e la comprehensione stata facile....sn.veremente allegra che c'e finito!
viva italia=)
LOL how do u say ditto in Italian???

I finished early and sat there I could bear to leave my paper LOL :)

HSC
I used the whole amount of time to the max, but that is because the listening section I went back over. This was my last exam for the HSC and I enjoyed the exam, I thought it was quite do-able. I don't want to jinx myself, but it was better than past exams this past week and a bit.

Lileane

HSC
Hmmm I'm assuming that you did continuers hehe. I did beginner's and they took our listening away from us after five minutes at the end, which was slightly annoying, but I got things finished. There was quite a lot to write, less of the multiple choice and diagram/fill in gaps questions, but eh, it was fun anyway. EEEP french extension tomorrow!

bugs

italian beginners paper

i was wondering if anyone had the italian beginners papers (listening/ reading/writing) if they could peeeleasee.... scan them...?
i assume most don't since we handed them in - but just in case

does anyone know like when you recieve your results does it show how you did in each area like listening, speaking, reading and writing? or does it just give the overall mark?

i don't really want to say anything in regards to how i did - cos i generally jinx myself and getting over excited can be dangerous :(
i'll just wait to till i get my marks.

but when i left i realised i wrote 'gridare' (to yell) instead of guidare!

butterflybird

HSC
i thought the exam was really good, and the listening was SO much better than our ilta trial lol.
i thought their analysis of italian young people in the reading was amusingly accurate. :)

mcbec

HSC
Italian Cont.

yeah i thought it was pretty good too... i would type in italian but i cant be bothered and i NEVER have to worry abotu italian again! hehe... i enjoy it, so i'll probly revise it in yrs to come or something, but for now i dont have to think about it! woohoo! only one more exam for me - on thursday..

anyway, to the exam... yeah listening was ok... there was one question that i really had no idea about tho... the rest were good tho.... n the reading was so easy! writing wasnt too bad too....

btw, how mcuh did everyone write?? i rote 3 or 4 pages for the 15 mark question (responding to the ad), 2 pages for the 6 mark riting Q and 4 pages for the 9 mark riting Q (i allowed a little too much time for that lol...) i was about to finish that one at 2 n a half oages but realised i still had 10 mins left lol so i just kept riting stuff still time was up :p

overall it was quite a good paper n i think i did ok, but i guess we'll see!

butterflybird

HSC
mcbec said:
btw, how mcuh did everyone write?? i rote 3 or 4 pages for the 15 mark question (responding to the ad), 2 pages for the 6 mark riting Q and 4 pages for the 9 mark riting Q (i allowed a little too much time for that lol...) i was about to finish that one at 2 n a half oages but realised i still had 10 mins left lol so i just kept riting stuff still time was up :p
you must have big writing o_O i wrote like one and a half pages for the two writings and about two for the reading/response. even so they were still all over the word limit. *shrug*

jess121

Italian Continuers

I was so surprised at how easy this exam was. The listening was a little difficult but i thought it was overall an awesome exam.
Great for a "pick me up" after yesterdays horrible horrible maths exam......

belleree98

This was the first exam where I needed string

R+R part b - 4 pages
6 marker - 2 pages
9 marker - 6 pages!!

but I have small writing and tend to write on every second line

The questions were great! Write a diary entry reflecting on your last day at school

and b) write a letter to a friend describing an experience that changed you somehow

The R+R part B was practically exactly the same as the french (respond to an ad for a job interview! how bizarre that they were so similar?)

and the reading + responding was awesome! No tricky "technique" questions like in the French

belpen

Ciao ragazze,
non voglio dire "facile" - ma era un buon esame - me l'ha cavato. Penso che l'esercizio d'ascolto fosse un po difficile - ma il parte di scrivere...non c'e' male!
Beh, sono ancora nervosa per "extension" chissa come sara!!??!

HSC
Do they stick to the word limits in their marking?

Also, what sort of dictionaries were you allowed to take in? A few of us in my class wanted to take in English dictionaries, as the translation of Italian words can lead to tricky English words in some cases. I know this is petty but the lady supervising our exam called the Board of Studies who said we are not allowed to take them in, despite the fact we are allowed to take in monolingual dictionaries. Petty I know, but the rules regarding dictionaries are a bit ambiguous.

butterflybird

HSC
those exam supervisors are an interesting bunch

in the trials the one for extension tried to take our dictionaries away coz they thought we were cheating and we had to explain several times that it was allowed, emphatically pointing at the clear instructions on the front of the paper

inoltre, today the examiner just said 'ok starting now'.. *presses listening to start* and we were all like :| umm we have.10.mins.reading.time.ARGH! STOP!

fortunately it was okay in the end hehe

mcbec

HSC
butterflybird said:
you must have big writing o_O i wrote like one and a half pages for the two writings and about two for the reading/response. even so they were still all over the word limit. *shrug*
lol no my writing is quite small... its about small/medium.... roughly 8 -10 words each line.. so yeah i probly went much over the limit but they dont usually penalise u much for it. i rote about 9 - 10 pages all up... which is alrite, seeing as ur 3 riting responses should take up about 40% of the time, which is about an hour and a quarter, which is about a page every 7 mins...

also, as for dictionaries... well i took in 3 lol... i took in a small pocket italian one coz its easy to look up, a big one (to find the words that werent in the little one!) and an english one of course, coz the stupid italian ones just use the same word in english and ur like what does that mean?!
our supervisor was really nice!! she let us have any sorta dictionaries, so it was all good! :p

and if the Board of studies said u cant use english ones, they not folloing their own guidelines!!! it specifically says on the student information or woteva it is "Bilingual AND/OR Monolingual dictionaries" lol dum board ppl.

HSC
THEN WHY DID OUR SUPERVISOR SAY NO

THE BOARD OF STUDIES APPARENTLY DID NOT LET HER

I SMELL SOME BULLSHIT HERE

Monolingual means one language yeah? Which includes the English language yeah?

belpen

You never know if they will take length into consideration: personally, I think there's only so much you can say, and concision is taken into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)